DPT Jefferson Class 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luna88

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted and I am attending. Who else is joining me?
Class of 2019!!!

Here is the link to our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/444306189109432/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've been accepted. Anyone else?
Are you attending or still sorting things out with other schools?
Yay congrats. I will be having an interview. Can you give me some insight about the interview. What questions they asked etc ? :) thanks

When did you guys receive the email stating that your application has been forwarded to the admissions committee for review?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay congrats. I will be having an interview. Can you give me some insight about the interview. What questions they asked etc ? :) thanks

Very laid back general basic questions what brought you to PT . How will you be a good student or addition to the program etc. I actually enjoyed it

Very laid back general basic questions what brought you to PT . How will you be a good student or addition to the program etc. I actually enjoyed it
How many questions approximately? And was everyone asked the same question in the group. Also, was there any "tell me about a time" questions ?

How many questions approximately? And was everyone asked the same question in the group. Also, was there any "tell me about a time" questions ?
I didnt keep count of questions everyone asked the same in the group. is this your first one? just relax and be yourself and you'll do fine

I didnt keep count of questions everyone asked the same in the group. is this your first one? just relax and be yourself and you'll do fine
It is my first one!! And my first choice, so I'm anxious about it. Did you find it hard that everyone was asked the same question?

Do you remember if they asked "why should we choose you over other candidates?"

Do you remember if they asked "why should we choose you over other candidates?"
Hey,

The interview truly wasn't bad. It was a group setting the whole time. For me, it was 3 others and myself. You truly can't prepare for the interview - they're all questions that you should already know the answers to because they are questions about yourself. Truly, they're trying to get to know you.

I don't remember much detail about the questions. A few things I do remember, they asked my group things such as.
-describe yourself in a word and why would you use this word
-what setting interests you the most
-what's special about you or why we should pick you? They typically always ask this question in any interview. Remember, these are super competitive programs. Be truthful and highlights the things that make you, you.
-how and why did you choose PT? This is also a given. Answer truthfully. They just want to know if this is truly the profession YOU want and if you've given it some thought.
- random one: what's one attribute that you don't like when you're working in a group setting and why?

They have a TON of questions. They will pick and choose. At the end of the day, just be confident in your answers and also a good listener when others talk. Don't interrupt. You will have your time to shine, use it! Always be truthful. Be yourself. And KNOW yourself before you go in. At the end of the day, every program wants mature and confident clinicians. Be that in every interview. If the program is meant to be and your preparation up to the interview (aka. Your GPA is up to part, your GRE is decent, your references are truthful and honest, and you did your observation hours and learned something) is up to part, YOU WILL BE OKAY! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey,

The interview truly wasn't bad. It was a group setting the whole time. For me, it was 3 others and myself. You truly can't prepare for the interview - they're all questions that you should already know the answers to because they are questions about yourself. Truly, they're trying to get to know you.

I don't remember much detail about the questions. A few things I do remember, they asked my group things such as.
-describe yourself in a word and why would you use this word
-what setting interests you the most
-what's special about you or why we should pick you? They typically always ask this question in any interview. Remember, these are super competitive programs. Be truthful and highlights the things that make you, you.
-how and why did you choose PT? This is also a given. Answer truthfully. They just want to know if this is truly the profession YOU want and if you've given it some thought.
- random one: what's one attribute that you don't like when you're working in a group setting and why?

They have a TON of questions. They will pick and choose. At the end of the day, just be confident in your answers and also a good listener when others talk. Don't interrupt. You will have your time to shine, use it! Always be truthful. Be yourself. And KNOW yourself before you go in. At the end of the day, every program wants mature and confident clinicians. Be that in every interview. If the program is meant to be and your preparation up to the interview (aka. Your GPA is up to part, your GRE is decent, your references are truthful and honest, and you did your observation hours and learned something) is up to part, YOU WILL BE OKAY! Good luck!
Thank you so much!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Currently living in Atlanta, Georgia. Will you be commuting from home?

Has anyone received any scholarships or know when they notify us of them?

I received an email notifying me that I had a scholarship a few weeks ago, however I will not be attending Jefferson

I applied late in the cycle. Does anyone know if/when they will hold another interview session?

I second the question as to how much they offer per scholarship.

What is scholarship value approximately they offer?
Thank
Im going to Chatham in Pittsburgh instead. Costs with the scholarship are similar however I like the smaller class size Chatham offers

I havent heard from them since my interview for a month now. How long will they take to make a desision?

For those of you that were wondering about scholarships, I just received an email yesterday stating that I received a $8k/year ($24k total as long as I maintain a 3.0 GPA). It was kind of odd receiving the email so late as I was accepted in early December. Either way it is good news!

I guess it depends on what is available. I was offered 10k/yr ($30k total as long as I maintain a 3.0). I received it a week later, which I think would have been best if it was included with the acceptance letter that way I would have been even more ecstatic lol

I was also offered the 10k/yr for 3 years. Today passed my acceptance deadline and I am not attending so some people may be hearing soon

To the people who got accepted would you mind sharing your stats?

I'm waiting to hear back from Jefferson, and a few other schools getting nervous lol

To the people who got accepted would you mind sharing your stats?

I'm waiting to hear back from Jefferson, and a few other schools getting nervous lol
Have you heard back yet from TJU?

Have you heard back yet from TJU?

No I haven't, so I think it's safe to say I'm either rejected or wait listed. There deadline on PTCAS is March 1, so I'm sure I'll hear something around then

No I haven't, so I think it's safe to say I'm either rejected or wait listed. There deadline on PTCAS is March 1, so I'm sure I'll hear something around then

I don't know if you've tried this, but If I were you I would try to get a hold of whoever interviewed you and send them a personal email telling them why you want to attend Jefferson. Maybe go a little more into detail about your weaknesses and explain how you've tried to strengthen those.

I did that for another school and they went from straight up rejecting me to putting me in the waitlist. I withdrew my application after I made up my mind on Jefferson, but it still gave me a little boost.

I don't know if you've tried this, but If I were you I would try to get a hold of whoever interviewed you and send them a personal email telling them why you want to attend Jefferson. Maybe go a little more into detail about your weaknesses and explain how you've tried to strengthen those.

I did that for another school and they went from straight up rejecting me to putting me in the waitlist. I withdrew my application after I made up my mind on Jefferson, but it still gave me a little boost.

I was never interviewed....

I've been accepted and I am attending. Who else is joining me?
Class of 2019!!!
Hi! I will be attending Jefferson for PT! Do you know if anyone has made a facebook group yet because I am trying to find a roommate for next year!

Last edited:
Hi! I will be attending Jefferson for PT! Do you know if anyone has made a facebook group yet because I am trying to find a roommate for next year!

I barely even use Facebook so I don't know how to do this. If either one of you knows how and wants to do it, go for it!
Let me know what it's called and I'll post it on the first message so everyone can see it right away.

I would love to start chit chatting with classmates to figure out living arrangements.

I barely even use Facebook so I don't know how to do this. If either one of you knows how and wants to do it, go for it!
Let me know what it's called and I'll post it on the first message so everyone can see it right away.

I would love to start chit chatting with classmates to figure out living arrangements.
Someone made a group-- Thomas Jefferson University DPT Class of 2019 on facebook. Everyone who has accepted their offer should join!

Someone made a group-- Thomas Jefferson University DPT Class of 2019 on facebook. Everyone who has accepted their offer should join!
I don't remember it saying for DPT. I thought it was for another program or something.

Above is the link for the group that was made.

I was also offered the 10k/yr for 3 years. Today passed my acceptance deadline and I am not attending so some people may be hearing soon
Did you ask why you received that amount vs. the 8k the PApt received!? I hope I am eligible for some money also!!