DPT New Jersey/ New York 2020-2021

Started by 7_L10NS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

7_L10NS

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I realized there wasn’t a post for dpt programs in NJ/ NY. Has anyone heard back from any schools in NJ/ NY area?
 
Last edited:
Hey, thanks for making the forum! Just heard back from Columbia today to schedule my virtual interview. I applied mid-October for some context. What other schools did people apply/plan to apply in the area?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to NYU in early September and got a call for an interview last week. My interview is on Saturday 11/21.
 
I got an interview with Columbia and accepted in October. NYU I decided not to move forward with the interview a few weeks ago after being called for one because I am quite confident with the program and faculty at Columbia and it was a great fit.
 
I got an interview with Columbia and accepted in October. NYU I decided not to move forward with the interview a few weeks ago after being called for one because I am quite confident with the program and faculty at Columbia and it was a great fit.
Congrats! Any advice for the Columbia interview? Also, how long was the turn around between the interview and acceptance?
 
Congrats! Any advice for the Columbia interview? Also, how long was the turn around between the interview and acceptance?
The interview was with one faculty member that they determine you may have similar shared interests. I know it sounds cliche, and everyone says this, but it was genuinely very laid back, conversational. I am usually pretty nervous and anxious for interviews but it was an immediate connection and it only further aided in my decision to accept and attend Columbia.

My advice would be to just know a bit about any current issues and trends in the field. Have some genuine questions prepared for him or her also, whether it is about what they have done in their career, the program, or the current state of physical therapy.

I interviewed first week of October and was sent an acceptance email in the last week of October.