DPT NY Schools 2017-2018

Started by Hulam
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hulam

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, just wanted to make a thread for all NY students applying for this round of DPT schools. Share your stats, school applied, interviews tips, etc..

cGPA : 3.68
sGPA: 3.75
GRE: 155 Q, 148 V, 3.5 W
Clinical Hours: 900 Outpatient 51 Inpatient
Applied: LIU Brooklyn, Stonybrook, Hunter College, CSI, NYU, Suny Upstate
Interviews: Stonybrook (11/10) , NYU (12/8), Hunter (12/15), CSI (12/13)
Acceptance: Stonybrook University
Rejections: N/A

Update: Stonybrook acceptance (SH Campus)
 
Last edited:
cGPA : 3.51
sGPA: 3.16 ( This grade is due to F that I had before.)
GRE: 155 Q, 150 V, 3.0 W
Clinical Hours: 300+
Applied: LIU Brooklyn, Stonybrook, NYU, Suny Upstate, Touro, NYIT, Nazareth College of Rochester, D'Youville College
These are in other states: Gannon University, Ruskin, Emory Univeristy
Interviews: Gannon (10/28) , Upstate (January)
Acceptance: N/A
Rejections: N/A

I am worried since I realized many of the schools that I applied actually start interviewing people or even accepting people. :hungover:
For those who are invited to Upstate for interview, please let me know. I am not sure how to prepare for MMI.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cGPA : 3.59
sGPA: ~3.3-3.4
GRE: 162 Q, 155 V, 4.5 W
Clinical Hours: 200 outpatient, 170 inpatient
Applied: LIU Brooklyn, Stonybrook, CSI, SUNY Upstate, Touro Manhattan, SUNY Downstate
Interviews: CSI (dec. 5)
Acceptance: N/A
Rejections: N/A
 
cGPA : 3.6
sGPA: 3.5 (appx.)
GRE: 157 Q, 152 V, 4.5 W
Clinical Hours: Around 430 hours in 3 different settings
Applied: 13 programs in and around NYC and NJ
Interviews: SUNY StonyBrook, NYU, LIU Brooklyn, Rutgers - South, CUNY CSI, CUNY Hunter (was offered one for Mercy College but did not attend)
Acceptance: SUNY StonyBrook, Touro College, LIU Brooklyn, Rutgers - South
Rejections: Rutgers - North, CUNY CSI, SUNY Downstate, NYIT, Columbia

I was waitlisted at CUNY Hunter and am still waiting to hear back from NYU and Seton Hall.
 
cGPA : 3.6
sGPA: 3.5 (appx.)
GRE: 157 Q, 152 V, 4.5 W
Clinical Hours: Around 430 hours in 3 different settings
Applied: 13 programs in and around NYC and NJ
Interviews: SUNY StonyBrook, NYU, LIU Brooklyn, Rutgers - South, CUNY CSI, CUNY Hunter (was offered one for Mercy College but did not attend)
Acceptance: SUNY StonyBrook, Touro College, LIU Brooklyn, Rutgers - South
Rejections: Rutgers - North, CUNY CSI, SUNY Downstate, NYIT, Columbia

I was waitlisted at CUNY Hunter and am still waiting to hear back from NYU and Seton Hall.

hey do you know which school you want to go to? I was waitlisted to LIU and thats where I wanna go. Trying to figure out the likelihood of me getting off the waitlist
 
hey do you know which school you want to go to? I was waitlisted to LIU and thats where I wanna go. Trying to figure out the likelihood of me getting off the waitlist

I have a deposit down for LIU so as of right now that's where I'll be going. However, if I am given a seat at Hunter (currently waitlisted) there is a very high chance that I will be accepting. I don't know much about LIU's waitlist, have you been given a spot?
 
Does anyone have any insight into LIU's program?

LIU provided a very impressive interview process, which included a tour and kind of felt like an orientation. We were able to meet all of the staff and see pretty much all of their facilities which were very impressive as was the campus itself. We were interviewed in groups of 3 by 2 current staff members and I really enjoyed the interview. They were very welcoming and seemed so committed to the program and ensuring students did well, we even got to learn some of their backstories. The thing I liked most was having the opportunity to talk to the current students. They all seemed so happy and confident in their education so far at LIU. They were very honest and upfront about their experiences and it really held weight in my decision to accept a seat there. I'd say the one and only downside is probably the cost, but they offer small annual scholarships based on GPA, and if you don't get a scholarship they offer work opportunities in the PT lab.
 
I have a deposit down for LIU so as of right now that's where I'll be going. However, if I am given a seat at Hunter (currently waitlisted) there is a very high chance that I will be accepting. I don't know much about LIU's waitlist, have you been given a spot?

I have been placed on the wait list, however they won't tell us our position on the list. At the moment, I'll be attending NYU, unless I get off the waitlist for LIU.
 
cGPA: 3.4
sGPA: ~3.25 (currently retaking microbio to up this)
GRE: 153 Q, 148 V, 4.0 W
Clinical hours: 300 inpatient, 40 outpatient
Applied: SUNY Upstate, Sage, LIU Brooklyn, NYMC. Out of state: Plymouth, High point, University of Scranton
Acceptances: N/A
Rejections: NYMC, SUNY Upstate
Interviews: High point (did not attend)

If anyone has any insight to these schools anything would be helpful!
 
Last edited:
cGPA: 3.70
sGPA: 3.47
GRE: 161Q, 157V, 4.0W
Clinical Hours: 50 Oupatient, 63 Inpatient
Applied: LIU Brooklyn, Hunter, Touro Manhattan, USC, Mt. St. Mary's, Chapman
Accepted: LIU, Touro, USC
Rejected: Chapman, Hunter
Waitlist: Mt. St. Mary's

Leaning towards LIU!
 
Last edited:
is anyone else on the waitlist for nymc? I am and I really wanna get in so would just to know if anyone who was accepted is rejecting their offer, or if anyone got off the waitlist yet.
 
cGPA : 3.6
sGPA: 3.5 (appx.)
GRE: 157 Q, 152 V, 4.5 W
Clinical Hours: Around 430 hours in 3 different settings
Applied: 13 programs in and around NYC and NJ
Interviews: SUNY StonyBrook, NYU, LIU Brooklyn, Rutgers - South, CUNY CSI, CUNY Hunter (was offered one for Mercy College but did not attend)
Acceptance: SUNY StonyBrook, Touro College, LIU Brooklyn, Rutgers - South
Rejections: Rutgers - North, CUNY CSI, SUNY Downstate, NYIT, Columbia

I was waitlisted at CUNY Hunter and am still waiting to hear back from NYU and Seton Hall.
Did Columbia let you know why you were rejected?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cGPA : 3.6
sGPA: 3.5 (appx.)
GRE: 157 Q, 152 V, 4.5 W
Clinical Hours: Around 430 hours in 3 different settings
Applied: 13 programs in and around NYC and NJ
Interviews: SUNY StonyBrook, NYU, LIU Brooklyn, Rutgers - South, CUNY CSI, CUNY Hunter (was offered one for Mercy College but did not attend)
Acceptance: SUNY StonyBrook, Touro College, LIU Brooklyn, Rutgers - South
Rejections: Rutgers - North, CUNY CSI, SUNY Downstate, NYIT, Columbia

I was waitlisted at CUNY Hunter and am still waiting to hear back from NYU and Seton Hall.


Did you hear back from NYU?
 
cGPA: 3.4
sGPA: 3.0
GRE: 157Q, 159V, 5.5W
Clinical Hours: 270 Oupatient, 30 Inpatient
Applied: LIU Brooklyn, Hunter, Touro Manhattan, USC, Seton Hall, NYU; (out of area) Northeastern, Simmons, Boston University
Accepted: Seton Hall, Touro, Northeastern, Simmons
Rejected: Hunter, LIU, Columbia, BU
Waitlist: NYU, USC

Does anyone have insight on Touro Manhattan? I feel like they don't have the best rep, and I am just wondering if anyone knows any specifics about that. It's just a much cheaper school and I would be able to live home and save a lot of money if I go there. That would also be possible with Seton Hall, however I am feeling hesitant towards them because I feel like they are not giving out much information about their program and new location, etc. However, I feel like Northeastern is a much better program (so it seems?) but it is ~much~ more expensive, and also at NU I would graduate a whole year later due to the late start and co-op... does anyone have any thoughts that could help me with my decision? Or any thoughts in general about Touro, Seton Hall, or Northeastern?