DPT Pittsburgh HYBRID 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kaliahkern

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it will be easy/hard to get into the Hybrid program at Pittsburgh? Anyone currently in it and have any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering the same thing! I applied in August, and I know that they are planning on sending out acceptances sometime in November I believe

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received acceptance to the Pitt DPT Hybrid Program for 2022? I haven’t heard anything yet and am wondering if acceptances went out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have not heard anything either. Just got the weird email today saying thanks for your interest, even tho I applied in September

Have not heard anything either. Just got the weird email today saying thanks for your interest, even tho I applied in September
Did you apply only for the hybrid program/was that your first choice over the residential?

I got that weird email too and was very confused! I didn’t know if it was a determination or just a random email.

Did you apply only for the hybrid program/was that your first choice over the residential?
I chose it as my first choice but I said I’d go for either programs. I just assumed I’d have an easier shot into the hybrid because bigger class size

I feel like if we don’t hear by Wednesday it won’t be until December then because of the holiday.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if in years past they let everyone know by email only or by phone call?

Do you guys think the hybrid is easier to get into considering how much larger the class size is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think the hybrid is easier to get into considering how much larger the class size is?
i would think so since the class size is intended to be around 90 i think vs 60 to residential. since it’s also the second class for them too, there might be lower applications numbers than it might normally if the hybrid program was older. during one of the info sessions i went to, they said for every 2 applicants, they accepted 1 last cycle. considering this class has 22 students we can infer the math there. i believe that they said the expectation was more like a 3 applicants to 1 accepted ratio, but who knows since the application period was still active. that’s my take on it!

Edit: I saw very recently that there were 22 students in this first cycle for hybrid and I just went to fact check myself, but cannot seem to find this number anymore. Take that with about 95% certainty!

Last edited:
i would think so since the class size is intended to be around 90 i think vs 60 to residential. since it’s also the second class for them too, there might be lower applications numbers than it might normally if the hybrid program was older. during one of the info sessions i went to, they said for every 2 applicants, they accepted 1 last cycle. considering this class has 22 students we can infer the math there. i believe that they said the expectation was more like a 3 applicants to 1 accepted ratio, but who knows since the application period was still active. that’s my take on it!
Wow great info - thank you!

Does anyone know anyone currently in the hybrid program? Just wondering what their experience is like. :)

I got placed on the high waitlist yesterday (11/29) but I got accepted today (11/30) at around noon MST!

Reactions: 1 user
anyone officially going? Got my acceptance a few weeks ago and just put in my deposit!

I just got off the waitlist this week! Still trying to officially decide where I’m going to go, but I’m leaning towards Pitt