Dr.Collin's Math Poblem HELP!

Started by dianne25
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dianne25

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HI GUYS! I AM TAKING THE PCAT ON JULY AND I AM ON FREAKING OUT MODE WITH THESE MATH PRACTICES, I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS THAT I AM TOTALLY CLUELESS ABOUT!!! PLEASE HELP! THANKS

TEST# 3 QUANT

#15) If f(x)=x^3+2x and g is the inverse of f, then g'(3) is?

#38) Given y= x^2-kx+1, where k greater than or equal than 0, the coordinates of the vertex will:
 
The inverse of f(x) is simply 1/(x^3 + 2x). So take the derivative of g (which is g'(x)) and you get 1/(3x^2 + 2). Then just plug in 3 for all the x values: 1/(3*3^2 + 2) = 1/29.

For the second problem you should probably provide the answer choices.. Not sure what the question is asking exactly.
 
Thanks for you reply Guitarmacy! that's what I got for #15, but they get 1/5? so go figure. yes I am sorry

#38. Given y= x^2-kx+1, where k greater than or equal than 0, the coordinates of the vertex will:
a. x increase, y increase b. x decrease y increase c. x increase y decrease d. x and y decrease
 
hello I am planning to give PCAT in september actually I am looking for Dr.collins PCAT I tried to find it everywhere but still didnt find any luck.. can you please tell me from where did u bought it...I will really appriciate your help..thanks in advance🙂
 
hello I am planning to give PCAT in september actually I am looking for Dr.collins PCAT I tried to find it everywhere but still didnt find any luck.. can you please tell me from where did u bought it...I will really appriciate your help..thanks in advance🙂

well, i bought from SDN..unfortunately it was 2011 version -_____-....
I know there was some major(or maybe minor..) change on biology sectioni between 2011 and 2012..

if you are buying from other people, make sure to..

1. verify that person's honest enough
2. verify if collins guide at least 2012 updated (2012 and 2013 should be almost same)
3. not getting 'copied' one if you want to resell it