1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. G: Medical Examiner

Discussion in 'Pathology' started by fedor, Nov 24, 2005.

1. fedor

fedor gunning like the NRA
    5+ Year Member

Have any of you seen the show Dr. G: Medical Examiner? It's on Discovery Health which I don't have.

Is it any good or is it like the other televised nonsense (nip/tuck, csi, crossing jordan, etc.)?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Non-Trad DO

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    :) I've seen it I think its a great show. It real life stuff non-fiction just like everything else on discovery health.

4. Brian Pavlovitz

Brian Pavlovitz give me that marrow!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, this is so much better than the usual s*&% they use to depict pathology on TV. Crossing Jordan makes me want to vomit.

5. Non-Trad DO

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    :thumbup: At least shes kind of hot (a little skinny for me). Other than that, that stuff really isn't all that great. Sometimes interesting rarely realistic.

6. skoller

skoller misunderestimated
    5+ Year Member

What? With the possible exception of Arrested Development, Nip/tuck is the greatest show on TV today. While two of the main characters are plastic surgeons, the series is more about dysfunctional relationships and the consequences of amorality (or something like that) than about medicine. I mostly watch it for the shock value - who knew FX was allowed to show gore and nudity? - and hot male leads.

7. Brian Pavlovitz

Brian Pavlovitz give me that marrow!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hmm. I must admit, my nip/tuck experience is nil. Now that I actually have a television where I am, I'll try to check it out.

Arrested Development has to be one of the funniest shows I've ever seen! :thumbup:

8. path2be

path2be Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

I did a rotation with Dr.G in August. She is an awesome pathologist. She is extremely busy though, doing cases and the Discovery show. I was able to work with her and the three other female pathologists there in Orlando, as well as visit with the residents at ORMC.

Seeing forensic autopsies done in a real ME system helped me realize the non-authenticity of shows like Crossing Jordan.

9. CameronFrye

CameronFrye Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yes, it absolutely is. Of course, a hilarious smart comedy can only meet one fate: cancellation. The 3rd season has already been cut back to 13 episodes and Fox is probably not going to order anymore. I think they're going to try to shop the show to cable networks but that probably isn't practical since the show is so expensive to produce.

It's just a very hard show "to get" if you haven't watched them from the beginning. Too many inside jokes and such.

10. wam_256

wam_256 Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    that's great...I like her show!! I think she is a nice person...well that's my opinion... who knows, I might be wrong!... :thumbup:

11. Endee

Endee AA-C
    10+ Year Member

Holy crap, Dr G. works at ORMC? I need to start watching that show!

12. path2be

path2be Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    No no no. she works at the orange county me office, next door to ormc. the residents and neuropathologist go there every other week for brain conference.

13. Non-Trad DO

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    :thumbup: I rotated through there in October. I didn't get to see her because we never got to go to the coroners office for brain cutting conference. This was due mostly to the fact that we got a few partials and the other totals all had goo for brains.