Dr. G: Medical Examiner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fedor

gunning like the NRA
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you seen the show Dr. G: Medical Examiner? It's on Discovery Health which I don't have.

Is it any good or is it like the other televised nonsense (nip/tuck, csi, crossing jordan, etc.)?

Members don't see this ad.

:) I've seen it I think its a great show. It real life stuff non-fiction just like everything else on discovery health.

Yeah, this is so much better than the usual s*&% they use to depict pathology on TV. Crossing Jordan makes me want to vomit.

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup: At least shes kind of hot (a little skinny for me). Other than that, that stuff really isn't all that great. Sometimes interesting rarely realistic.

What? With the possible exception of Arrested Development, Nip/tuck is the greatest show on TV today. While two of the main characters are plastic surgeons, the series is more about dysfunctional relationships and the consequences of amorality (or something like that) than about medicine. I mostly watch it for the shock value - who knew FX was allowed to show gore and nudity? - and hot male leads.

skoller said:
What? With the possible exception of Arrested Development, Nip/tuck is the greatest show on TV today. While two of the main characters are plastic surgeons, the series is more about dysfunctional relationships and the consequences of amorality (or something like that) than about medicine. I mostly watch it for the shock value - who knew FX was allowed to show gore and nudity? - and hot male leads.

Hmm. I must admit, my nip/tuck experience is nil. Now that I actually have a television where I am, I'll try to check it out.

Arrested Development has to be one of the funniest shows I've ever seen! :thumbup:

fedor said:
Have any of you seen the show Dr. G: Medical Examiner? It's on Discovery Health which I don't have.

Is it any good or is it like the other televised nonsense (nip/tuck, csi, crossing jordan, etc.)?

I did a rotation with Dr.G in August. She is an awesome pathologist. She is extremely busy though, doing cases and the Discovery show. I was able to work with her and the three other female pathologists there in Orlando, as well as visit with the residents at ORMC.

Seeing forensic autopsies done in a real ME system helped me realize the non-authenticity of shows like Crossing Jordan.

Brian Pavlovitz said:
Arrested Development has to be one of the funniest shows I've ever seen! :thumbup:

Yes, it absolutely is. Of course, a hilarious smart comedy can only meet one fate: cancellation. The 3rd season has already been cut back to 13 episodes and Fox is probably not going to order anymore. I think they're going to try to shop the show to cable networks but that probably isn't practical since the show is so expensive to produce.

It's just a very hard show "to get" if you haven't watched them from the beginning. Too many inside jokes and such.

path2be said:
I did a rotation with Dr.G in August. She is an awesome pathologist. She is extremely busy though, doing cases and the Discovery show. I was able to work with her and the three other female pathologists there in Orlando, as well as visit with the residents at ORMC.

Seeing forensic autopsies done in a real ME system helped me realize the non-authenticity of shows like Crossing Jordan.

that's great...I like her show!! I think she is a nice person...well that's my opinion... who knows, I might be wrong!... :thumbup:

path2be said:

Holy crap, Dr G. works at ORMC? I need to start watching that show!

Endee said:
Holy crap, Dr G. works at ORMC? I need to start watching that show!

No no no. she works at the orange county me office, next door to ormc. the residents and neuropathologist go there every other week for brain conference.

:thumbup: I rotated through there in October. I didn't get to see her because we never got to go to the coroners office for brain cutting conference. This was due mostly to the fact that we got a few partials and the other totals all had goo for brains.