DR grades? Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ctaborda

hispanic-pre-med
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, would you consider that a DR grade would affect much when it comes to adcoms?

i'm not thinking of dropping any class for now, but it could be a possibility :eek:

How many of you have had problems and have had to drop and get a DR grade? :(

Thanks!
Carlos.

Members don't see this ad.

You should be prepared to explain the situation behind the dropped course during interviews. Other than that, if your GPA and MCAT are solid, it shouldn't be a big problem.

I had a DR in college and I did very well in the admissions process. It's not the end of the world. 2112_rush is right in saying you better have a decent reason, because I was asked to explain why I dropped the class in a couple of my med school interviews (including the school I go to now).

Members don't see this ad :)
From my experience (and to be fair, I don't have any withdrawals on my record) as long as its not a pattern, its not an issue. If you want to address it, fine, but there's no need to worry.

I had one withdrawal in 5 years of ugrad with an otherwise strong academic record. It was never brought up in any of my interviews. I was worried as well, but my worries were unfounded. Just make sure to keep it to an absolute minimum (i.e., 1 or 2).