ctaborda

hispanic-pre-med
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2004
Miami
Status
Hey guys, would you consider that a DR grade would affect much when it comes to adcoms?

i'm not thinking of dropping any class for now, but it could be a possibility :eek:

How many of you have had problems and have had to drop and get a DR grade? :(

Thanks!
Carlos.

2112_rush

M2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2004
Status
You should be prepared to explain the situation behind the dropped course during interviews. Other than that, if your GPA and MCAT are solid, it shouldn't be a big problem.

Zondeare

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
I had a DR in college and I did very well in the admissions process. It's not the end of the world. 2112_rush is right in saying you better have a decent reason, because I was asked to explain why I dropped the class in a couple of my med school interviews (including the school I go to now).

Larsitron

Mac Addict
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Rochester, NY
Status
Medical Student
From my experience (and to be fair, I don't have any withdrawals on my record) as long as its not a pattern, its not an issue. If you want to address it, fine, but there's no need to worry.

aw buddy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
does a DR=W? dropping a class?

Mr. Seeds

C4M
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2004
Status
I had one withdrawal in 5 years of ugrad with an otherwise strong academic record. It was never brought up in any of my interviews. I was worried as well, but my worries were unfounded. Just make sure to keep it to an absolute minimum (i.e., 1 or 2).