Dr Najeeb's Lectures - worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StevensBibi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Incoming M1 here

I was looking into someways to supplement my lecture learning during M1. I've heard BRS review books are a good idea, but I also heard about Dr. Najeeb's lectures. Is it worth getting the subscription?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I know like one or two people who used Najeeb in my class, but honestly... I'd just wait. See if you think you need supplemental info after your first or second exam, if you do revisit Najeeb and see if it looks like info that will be helpful

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Incoming M1 here

I was looking into someways to supplement my lecture learning during M1. I've heard BRS review books are a good idea, but I also heard about Dr. Najeeb's lectures. Is it worth getting the subscription?
Yes they are worth it (if you want to actually understand physiology). if you just wanna memorize garbage powerpoints that your school gives you to pass 1-step reasoning questions on exams, then no it is not worth it.

Seriously he is worth getting if you devote yourself to watching all of his physiology videos. I did this my M1 year and I have not forgotten the vast majority of the basics which has helped me a lot as my education progressed.

Worth it for Physiology, biochemistry, and neuroanatomy (in that order).

Would not buy it for M2 pathology, though, since Pathoma > all.

Reactions: 3 users
Dr. Najeeb is pretty good imo. His lectures can be tedious but there are funny moments as well. You can tell he is really passionate about teaching medical science.

Yes they are worth it (if you want to actually understand physiology). if you just wanna memorize garbage powerpoints that your school gives you to pass 1-step reasoning questions on exams, then no it is not worth it.

Seriously he is worth getting if you devote yourself to watching all of his physiology videos. I did this my M1 year and I have not forgotten the vast majority of the basics which has helped me a lot as my education progressed.

When you say pathoma do you mean the book or the book and online subscription to videos and stuff? I'm trying to figure out what to buy for M2

Incoming M1 here

He is a great lecturer, but everyone I know that uses him relies on his lectures entirely too much. They say "gonna watch some Najeeb". It should supplement your core notes and readings. He shouldn't be your primary lecturer.

Reactions: 1 users
When you say pathoma do you mean the book or the book and online subscription to videos and stuff? I'm trying to figure out what to buy for M2

The book is great but I think its important to supplement with the videos. The videos basically read the book to you with an explanation. It also goes into some things that aren't explicitly written in the book.

Is it worth using Najeeb as a review if you already have a handle on the material?

i watched the videos about three times
glanced at the pdf and the book to see what was there, didn't use them

I was never able to focus on the content--Does anyone else find themselves focusing more on his perfect drawings?!

Do you guys get used to his accent? Small undergrad in the middle of nowhere meant everybody was white/without accent.

Do you guys get used to his accent? Small undergrad in the middle of nowhere meant everybody was white/without accent.
Yes, even at 2.0x Najeeb has a light accent compared to a lot of lecturers.

Did a quick listen at 1.0 on YouTube... If I get these i am gonna have to adapt quickly
Honestly I never had time to listen to Najeeb, mostly because he takes forever to explain topics that should take 5 minutes. If you are at a school with worthless lecturers, then maybe one or two are worth your time, otherwise I never used them.

Oh, and I heard you can find them for free places, but of course that's highly illegal. Up to you how you spend your loan money

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I personally don't like Najeeb video's at all. There are a couple on YouTube that the company posted if people want to test it out. Mostly think it's a waste of time.

He's great for Phys, especially if you're having trouble nailing down a concept or want to look at something from another viewpoint..
videos are long though. I think I'd just recommend the youtube videos, unless there's a specific one you want. $49 for life isn't that bad if you do

I loved Najeeb, but I think it should only be used to clarify stuff that wasn't explained well.

The bay of pirates is your friend here
Pathoma is king of all review video courses

Almost every student in my class uses Najeeb. Maybe this is because he teaches better than our teachers, just not as much in detail, but he gives a great overview of concepts to go further into detail if you choose to later (with textbooks).