Dragon Voice recognition software

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jp123ok

Dermatopathologist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone using Dragon software to dictate their reports? If so, I'm curious to know your experience. We are being pushed to use it by management and all the pathologists who have tried it in my group hate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone using Dragon software to dictate their reports? If so, I'm curious to know your experience. We are being pushed to use it by management and all the pathologists who have tried it in my group hate it.
I really like it in my office. I really hate it in the gross room where it's difficult to correct things with bloody hands.
When I started my first job in 2008, our hospital was transitioning over to Dragon and I only had transcription for about 6 months. Dragon is nice in that the transcription is immediate, so you can sign out the report once you dictate it and never have to look at it again. So if you want to arrive late or have meetings, the transcriptionists aren't bugging you get reports dictated so they can type--or if you're working late you don't have to wait for the next morning to sign something out.

It also better at recognizing what you say the more you use it. I have developed a lot of some quick texts for normal or common things which makes it go faster. I would never want to go back to having transcriptionists type.

I would have to agree. It is a bit of pain in gross room but it works great for diagnosis.