Program-Specific Info / Q's Drake University OTD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ANJALU

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to Drake University for their first OTD cohort.

Members don't see this ad.

I have my interview on Monday, was hoping to get feedback from someone else who has interviewed. Have you heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview on monday too. Been looking on this forum but havent heard anything yet

I am planning my interview to be next Friday. I was trying to find some information online inregards to the total tuition for 3years. From my calculations it was $135k. is this correct? or is my math wrong?

I am planning my interview to be next Friday. I was trying to find some information online inregards to the total tuition for 3years. From my calculations it was $135k. is this correct? or is my math wrong?

That's what I calculated too. Slightly less than Creighton.

Do you remember anyone talking about grant possibilities?
I contacted the school/financial aid office, sadly there's no grants/awards for this program.
Is Drake your top choice?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure. I would like it to be because I feel honored to have been chosen (plus that white coat is BA) I have to really look at all the pros and cons. The expense is monstrous! I am waiting for UW Milwaukee to come back too, its only a masters but they have issues a letter of intent to start an OTD program. I have an interview at Creighton on Friday which is more expensive but may have more opportunities for aid. They did talk at Drake about working on campus so maybe I could get an assistant-ship.

When was your interview? I had a interview with them on Friday and I'm nervously waiting...
Mine was on the 22nd as well. I found out 4 days afterwards. So you should probably hear from them soon

DPTEmpire, I just realized you are pre-pt. You do know this is the OT forum, right?
Yes, lol I decided that I wanted to pursue ot vs pt and was lazy to change/ create a new account. ..

I'm curious. . I didn't get an acceptance or rejection yet. .. but instead I got a thank you letter for interviewing with them and to contact them with any questions. .... did you get this too??

Yes, lol I decided that I wanted to pursue ot vs pt and was lazy to change/ create a new account. ..

I'm curious. . I didn't get an acceptance or rejection yet. .. but instead I got a thank you letter for interviewing with them and to contact them with any questions. .... did you get this too??
Yes, just got it a few days ago. Thought it was a nice touch.

Got one last week.

Anyone here attending Drake's OTD program this May?

I am thinking drake and will most likely be going there.
The big hurdle for me with Drake is the 147.5 credit hours. That's the most I have seen in any of the programs I researched. I am also accepted at St Ambrose, any thoughts?

Reactions: 1 user
The big hurdle for me with Drake is the 147.5 credit hours. That's the most I have seen in any of the programs I researched. I am also accepted at St Ambrose, any thoughts?

To be honest, if I were you I would pick the school that's best for me in the long run. St Ambrose has graduate assistantship, and tuition is lower too. I would check their NBCOT pass rate though. St Ambrose 108k vs Drake 135k is a big difference in tuition.

my question to you is, do you want to take a chance with a brand new program?

To be honest, if I were you I would pick the school that's best for me in the long run. St Ambrose has graduate assistantship, and tuition is lower too. I would check their NBCOT pass rate though. St Ambrose 108k vs Drake 135k is a big difference in tuition.

my question to you is, do you want to take a chance with a brand new program?
The program is being run by a Creighton graduate so I am not terribly concerned and feel that they will want to make sure their first Cohort does VERY well since their accreditation would be at risk before it gets off the ground. The entire school is behind the program and its success so I don't see failure the first year out as a worry. Its the crazy amount of hours that worry me.

The program is being run by a Creighton graduate so I am not terribly concerned and feel that they will want to make sure their first Cohort does VERY well since their accreditation would be at risk before it gets off the ground. The entire school is behind the program and its success so I don't see failure the first year out as a worry. Its the crazy amount of hours that worry me.

Yeah I'm not worried about being the first class either. The only thing that makes me hesitant is the amount of loans I have to take in order to attend. Coming out with 138k plus room and board while only making about 50-70k a year is what makes me worry.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! Im applying for this years OTD program and i was wondering if anyone can tell me who has been through the interview process what i can expect and what are some possible questions they ask so i can prepare. I got offered an interview this week and i am a little nervous. Thanks!!