Drawing vs. Photography class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sags2riches

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have the ability to take either a beginning drawing class or a beginning digital photography class this quarter. I already took a beginning sculpture class. Which of the two aforementioned classes do you guys think Dental schools would care more to see? Any opinions or comments would be appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
These classes aren't going to make or break your app. Just take whichever you are more interested in.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think I could justify photography as an artistic skill for a dental-related topic? I'm not saying I have to justify it to Dental schools in particular but in general. When would a dentist ever utilize the skills from photography in their profession? I would think that the ability to focus in on certain areas with precision is one aspect. Also, x-rays, ortho records and aesthetic skills?

First, follow your heart
but if the professor of that class is harsh, scratch that, don't follow your heart, take the easier path, you don't want to ruin your gpa because art teachers are too picky to appreciate your art!

Out of the two, drawing deals more with hands I guess, but you already did sculpting, so this is even better!

Reactions: 1 users
Dentists take photos all the time to document cases, both intra and extra oral. Good photos are a skill.

That might be overstating it. All you really need to do is point and click and see if the picture is blurry
I do not agree with that. Good intra oral and extra oral photos for documentation are a bit more complicated. I refer you to speak with anyone doing high end cosmetics, implant restoration of the aesthetic zone, and orthognathics.