1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Dreams about patients?

Discussion in 'Psychiatry' started by OldPsychDoc, Dec 1, 2005.

1. OldPsychDoc

OldPsychDoc Senior Curmudgeon
    Physician Moderator Emeritus SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    So I get a call at home about 1030 last night from the floor. One of my borderlines is acting out, seems to be attempting to sabotage a planned discharge today. We deal with it, I go to bed.

I end up dreaming that I'm riding on the bus with this woman, and a whole bunch of other borderlines (I dunno--maybe we're going to "Camp Borderline" or something) are like trying to get my attention, sit on my lap, and try to make her jealous. EEEeeew. :scared:

All of the sudden I feel like I should be trying to schedule some couch time--but maybe you, my friends and colleagues, can restore me to sanity.

Anyone else dream about your patients? Under what circumstances?

And yes, we did get her out of the hospital today--don't know for how long, though... :(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    :laugh: What a nightmare to have borderlines after you - in my 3rd year clerkship, they were very attracted to me for some odd reason, unfortunately I dont really "appreciate" them as much as others do :D