Dreams about patients?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OldPsychDoc

Senior Curmudgeon
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I get a call at home about 1030 last night from the floor. One of my borderlines is acting out, seems to be attempting to sabotage a planned discharge today. We deal with it, I go to bed.

I end up dreaming that I'm riding on the bus with this woman, and a whole bunch of other borderlines (I dunno--maybe we're going to "Camp Borderline" or something) are like trying to get my attention, sit on my lap, and try to make her jealous. EEEeeew. :scared:

All of the sudden I feel like I should be trying to schedule some couch time--but maybe you, my friends and colleagues, can restore me to sanity.

Anyone else dream about your patients? Under what circumstances?

And yes, we did get her out of the hospital today--don't know for how long, though... :(

Members don't see this ad.

OldPsychDoc said:
So I get a call at home about 1030 last night from the floor. One of my borderlines is acting out, seems to be attempting to sabotage a planned discharge today. We deal with it, I go to bed.

I end up dreaming that I'm riding on the bus with this woman, and a whole bunch of other borderlines (I dunno--maybe we're going to "Camp Borderline" or something) are like trying to get my attention, sit on my lap, and try to make her jealous. EEEeeew. :scared:

All of the sudden I feel like I should be trying to schedule some couch time--but maybe you, my friends and colleagues, can restore me to sanity.

Anyone else dream about your patients? Under what circumstances?

And yes, we did get her out of the hospital today--don't know for how long, though... :(

:laugh: What a nightmare to have borderlines after you - in my 3rd year clerkship, they were very attracted to me for some odd reason, unfortunately I dont really "appreciate" them as much as others do :D