Dreams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

athane960

ISU class of 2013!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Soo . . . last night I had this dream that I got up to Iowa on the first day of classes and they said they had made a mistake on admitting me and needed to reinterview me to see if they will let me in . . . . and the interview went HORRIBLE!!!!.:eek:

Neone else having any dreams about vet school . . . .

Members don't see this ad.

I hate those dreams! I was plagued by them before and after my interview. The worst one was where I dreamed I was accepted, but all the school would let me do is clean up poop, saying I should be proud to have that honor, and they sent me to work in, more or less, a poop room. I was horrified, and, of course, it had to be one of those dreams where I could feel and smell everything like it was real. Ugh! I was never so happy to wake up LOL. It was terrible.

Since getting accepted, the vet school nightmares have slowed down, but I'm sure they'll pick up again as we get into the summer. Boo.

LOL. I have similar dreams where I show up and the school says it is a mistake, or I dream it is August and I didn't get my immunization record in and they give my spot to someone else, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been having dreams of similiar nature. Last night, I dreamed that I was kicked out of NCSU because I did not put my "Assertive Communications" course on the VMCAS. It was a business course that was (not offered for credit) by a training corporation--not even a university. Paranoid I know! To make it even more twisted, I already mailed the declining offer to Purdue so if this horrible dream did come true, it am out even more.

I want to give NCSU my deposit right now just to ensure there are no hiccups.

I want to give NCSU my deposit right now just to ensure there are no hiccups.

LOL. I called Tammy and said 'when can I send it in?' and she said 'we'll email you' and I just wanted to say...can't you email me NOW?

I had a dream last month that I was accepted to Texas A&M and was attending classes, it was quite nice. Too bad I've never applied there in the waking world!

The past few months I had dreams ALL THE TIME about checking my email and getting various decisions from various schools. One day it would be an acceptance, the next a rejection. One letter was so convoluted that I couldn't tell if it was an acceptance or rejection! Every word was so vague that I couldn't figure out the meaning.

The past few months I had dreams ALL THE TIME about checking my email and getting various decisions from various schools. One day it would be an acceptance, the next a rejection. One letter was so convoluted that I couldn't tell if it was an acceptance or rejection! Every word was so vague that I couldn't figure out the meaning.

That was me for a full week before I got my acceptance letter. It was awful. I had a hard time sleeping because I was fretting and then when I did sleep I had those dreams.

Last night I had a crazy dream that I was starting my first day of vet school and it was aboard a ship. My biggest concern about my first week seemed to be seasickness.

The night before I got accepted I dreamt that I got accepted but when I woke up I was so sad because it was just a dream and I thought that would be the closest I would get to an acceptance. So when I did get my acceptance I went through a moment of insanity where I wondered if I was just dreaming again

Since then I've had a dream where it was the first day of school and I showed up really, really late to find out that we were about to take a quiz and I was the only one who didn't know any of the material! :scared:

I have weird vet school dreams almost every night now...

from studying in the anatomy lab to taking tests to most things in between

I've had far too many dreams about my mailman during this process! Seeing him coming up the block, seeing him going the wrong direction and not bringing us mail, etc. These will all pick up again late next week when I start to get anxious about hearing from my last 2 schools.

No dreams about actually being in vet school yet, though. Maybe those will come if I get good news.

i had a dream that i slept through my alarm and missed my interview... it was AWFUL... it felt so real that when i woke up i had to check the date and time multiple times just to make sure tha ti hadn't missed the interview.

So, I have been laughing at myself all day today because I had a HORRIBLE anxiety dream last night about Davis...

...For those of you not obsessed with the Davis thread, I will summarize: admissions told us we'd get decisions on Monday the 23rd (tomorrow) but ended up sending out a bunch of emails on Friday instead. The good, the bad, and the "inbetween" (aka waitlist) were all represented on Friday, but some rumors have floated around about what is left for them to send out (specifically a rumor that maybe only acceptances are left--great--way to get my hopes up!).

...Additionally I have been feeling so-so about my interview, it was tough and a bit of a rollercoaster in terms of how well I answered the questions, SO, with all that said. Last night, I dreamt that I got a letter saying the following:
1. That I was an "out of state" (not true, I am IS!) candidate who had "initially been selected for "automatic" admission based solely on GPA/GRE (hilarious because, while my GPA is totally fine, it is no 3.8 or anything like that!)
2. That only 3 other of us magical candidates had been selected for this automatic admission, so I should feel special
BUT
3. I had somehow failed my interview and was now being REJECTED! Basically the message was: we loved you on paper but you were SUCH AN IDIOT in person that we're rejecting you! Congrats!

I seriously woke up thinking I'd gotten rejected from Davis, was feeling kinda sad and dazed, and then had a big LOL at my own expense about 10 minutes later when I realized it was a dream. Isn't that completely freakin' insane?!?!?! It was so detailed!!! I could, for example, feel the paper the letter was written on, and I remember thinking "wow this is a really nice font they've used to write me this rejection!"

I have officially lost it!:cool:

Good luck romorrow, starlene--may you get good news, regardless of the font used. :):luck::xf:

...Additionally I have been feeling so-so about my interview, it was tough and a bit of a rollercoaster in terms of how well I answered the questions,

b.t.w. I felt exactly the same about my interview! I think it's just their style (?). It was definitely the toughest interview I had!

AND... I am going to be obsessively checking SDN during lunch break tomorrow so that I can give you a big fat "Congratulations!" on your ACCEPTANCE!!! ;)

Man, you all have had some *odd* dreams! ;)

I normally have (according to my best friend) really weird dreams. But, so far, I haven't had any VMCAS/interview/vet school acceptance/denial/first day of class showing up in my underwear ones/etc......yet.

School doesn't start for ~6 months, so maybe as it gets closer?

Boy, the dreams have started for me, and I haven't even applied yet!

I dreamed (dreamt?) the other night that I woke up and found that it was October 2nd and I hadn't started writing my PS or any supplementals. I ended up having an incoherent paragraph for each section.:scared:

I too have had the acceptance dream. It's so sad because in my dream I was accepted to both of my schools and I was SOO excited. Then I woke up and realized it wasn't real. so so sad

Man, dreams can be the worst. Right before our first big exam first quarter (Physiological chem) I slept sooo poorly all night. P-chem terms and pathways kept running through my mind--then I'd wake up for a few minutes every 30-60 min. and mentally check my work from my dream. The good thing is I'm pretty sure my unconscious brain got all of the pathways right.:p

The most recent one stunk, too. Last week was finals week for our second quarter (long, grueling quarter, and we had 5 written exams and 2 practicals last week). On Wednesday night, with the second to last final on Thurs and the last one on Fri, I had a dream that we actually had TWO exams on Friday and I'd forgotten about the second exam to be held at 5pm Friday. (For a class we don't even have, btw). I woke up panicked and halfway convinced I'd forgotten about some mystery exam and was that much further from being done. UGH.

(FYI...I still realize that I'm fortunate to actually be in vet school already and at least the stress that I'm going through doesn't have the big "what does the future hold for me" aspect that those of you still waiting to hear back about admissions have. Good luck to all of you!! Try to keep the stress from making you too crazy!!:luck::xf:)

Hey, your nightmares are legitimate too. In fact, they almost sound worse. :p

I almost never remember my dreams, and when I do, it just reaffirms my insanity - they never make a lick of sense. :)

VAGirl, I guess the dreams don't ever stop, huh?

I forgot about another dream last night in which my old boss left me with a febrile dummy foal and an OTW catheter and told me to take care of it. I was wandering around in a strange hospital dragging the foal around on a cart with a mat on top of it (like they have at my current job for transporting the babies), wondering where I could find scrub, gloves, etc., not to mention someone who could actually put in an OTW catheter!

I'm not sure what I'll dream about when I'm a vet, but I'm sure my overactive brain will think of something!

lol! last night i had a dream that a professor over at the vet school sent me an email asking me to attend a meeting. they were trying to establish a formal dress code for ncsu. at the end of the email he said 'i fondly remember wearing mittens everyday during my vet school years...'