dress for the interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wear your birthday suit...depending how cute it is..you're in!!

Members don't see this ad.

wow, seems like you're totally prepared!! that's great...I know you're asking for advice from a gal...but I think brown will be fine. The important thing is that you feel comfortable and like the way you look because I'm sure that'll make you more confidence at the interview! But if you're so worried about spilling, I think wearing black would help!!:D

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you think girls? I just got a skirt suit from The Limited. It's chocolate brown w/ a light brown shell underneath. Dark brown dress shoes to match (small small heel 3/4 inch~if that). I hope brown is okay...most wear black. But I have dark brown hair and I think the brown looks best on me. I think I'll go w/ the pearl earrings/necklace. What do you think about a purse? I need something to carry my makeup in (in case I need a touchup) and my tide-to-go pen in case of a spill. :eek: Are any of you females planning on carrying a purse?

Yes, I will be carrying my purse. It is large enough to fit a legal pad portfolio thing in for taking notes, writing down questions or whatever. Are other people bringing portfolios?

I anticipate carrying a portfolio type thing with a legal pad in it and any papers i might need. i'll be wearing an olive/grey suit (kind of a medium grey with a hint of olive), possibly a french blue shirt or very light lavender and most likely a tie w/ several shades of blue in it in a kind of stripey pattern. black socks & shoes.

or maybe i should put on my tux? or a tuxedo t-shirt! i second the b'day suit idea.

I anticipate carrying a portfolio type thing with a legal pad in it and any papers i might need. i'll be wearing an olive/grey suit (kind of a medium grey with a hint of olive), possibly a french blue shirt or very light lavender and most likely a tie w/ several shades of blue in it in a kind of stripey pattern. black socks & shoes.

or maybe i should put on my tux? or a tuxedo t-shirt! i second the b'day suit idea.

I brought a large purse bag with a portfolio and a bunch of other things (chapstick, advil, extra pair of hose, lint roller, comb, you name it I had it) and it was WAY TOO MUCH! :rolleyes: Half-way through the day I just put it down and carried around the portfolio.

have u guys ever seen anyone at an interview in a 3 piece suit? I have one but it looks just fine without that 3 rd piece, just wondering....:D

Hey i know i keep asking this but i haven't got any responses yet,...have any of you ever seen anyone with a 3 piece suit (i.e. w/a vest) at d-school interviews? :cool: '

thanks

I was reading and hoping some guys would answer your question. So, here is the opinion of a girl.

None of the guys at my interviews have worn a 3-piece suit. If it looks great without the 3rd piece I would go with that. I don't know what it looks like, but you don't want to go over the top with your attire. Not too formal, just look professional. Of course it's your decision, so whatever you feel most comfortable in and feel more confident in is the way to go.

The guys at my interviews have worn solid color suits and pinstripe (gray, black, navy). One guy wore khaki slacks and a navy coat and he had a red tie with his white shirt. It looked really nice. Just simple, but professional.

ive been on a couple... i purse goes without saying.... i brought a big one with me.... black leather

I was reading and hoping some guys would answer your question. So, here is the opinion of a girl.

None of the guys at my interviews have worn a 3-piece suit. If it looks great without the 3rd piece I would go with that. I don't know what it looks like, but you don't want to go over the top with your attire. Not too formal, just look professional. Of course it's your decision, so whatever you feel most comfortable in and feel more confident in is the way to go.

The guys at my interviews have worn solid color suits and pinstripe (gray, black, navy). One guy wore khaki slacks and a navy coat and he had a red tie with his white shirt. It looked really nice. Just simple, but professional.

thankyou!! I prob. go without the the 3 piece but it just looks so pimp its hard to resist.....but yeah, i def. dont want to look like i just came from a board meeting at Morgan Stanley :laugh:

Ok, so I know this is really a small problem, but I can't decide between suits. One is grey and pretty much typical, with either pants or a skirt. The other is black with a small pink pinstripes and a skirt with a fun cut (nonsymmetrical). I also have interviews in both the midwest and on the east coast. Really I like both but I just can't decide. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Why don't you guys upload a pic of you in the suit and let people judge (you can cut off the head if you want to remain anonymous)...really, using words to describe a suit ("i have a brown pinstripe suit...") DOESN'T really help. Everyone look different: some look better in black, brown, white, whatever.