Drexel DPMS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I'm guessing today was the last interview invite batch, and if we didn't get one that's pretty much it?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm guessing today was the last interview invite batch, and if we didn't get one that's pretty much it?
I'm hoping they send out more, idk. Fingers crossed for anyone else waiting though!

Reactions: 1 user
Random, but does anyone know if DPMS takes students who are not coming straight out of undergrad? Do they consider applicants who have taken post-bacc courses?
I think they for sure would like people with post baccs since they had that section in their gpa calculation page. It could only help your application I think

It seems that a lot of people who got interviews today were complete 4/26, so they might be working their way to those who were complete on 4/27 or 4/28. Just hoping that this is the case, at least! Stay positive! I emailed them just to check but they didn't give much information.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
is there anyone who applied to DPMS but then got an acceptance to another program instead, like IMS?

It seems that a lot of people who got interviews today were complete 4/26, so they might be working their way to those who were complete on 4/27 or 4/28. Just hoping that this is the case, at least! Stay positive! I emailed them just to check and they said I'm still under review by the medical school.
Trying to stay hopeful!

It seems that a lot of people who got interviews today were complete 4/26, so they might be working their way to those who were complete on 4/27 or 4/28. Just hoping that this is the case, at least! Stay positive! I emailed them just to check and they said I'm still under review by the medical school.
What email address did you contact? My portal still says incomplete even though everything was sent in and I cant get a hold of them.

What email address did you contact? My portal still says incomplete even though everything was sent in and I cant get a hold of them.
I emailed [email protected] but they told me that the application is handled by the med school and they don't disclose information regarding the application. So you'll probably be better off contacting them directly through phone. Did you try calling them? If so, did you leave a message? Usually I get a call back. Also, on the portal does it tell you what parts of your application you are still missing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed [email protected] but they told me that the application is handled by the med school and they don't disclose information regarding the application. So you'll probably be better off contacting them directly through phone. Did you try calling them? If so, did you leave a message? Usually I get a call back. Also, on the portal does it tell you what parts of your application you are still missing?
Thanks I will try that email! It says that my application is incomplete and the only thing that is missing is the transcript evaluation. Everything was filled out and sent before the deadline so im not sure what is going on

Thanks I will try that email! It says that my application is incomplete and the only thing that is missing is the transcript evaluation. Everything was filled out and sent before the deadline so im not sure what is going on
You sent in your official transcripts from your school right? I would definitely call tomorrow morning. They're not very good at answering their phone, but just try to keep calling and leave a message, and hopefully someone will get back to you.

You sent in your official transcripts from your school right? I would definitely call tomorrow morning. They're not very good at answering their phone, but just try to keep calling and leave a message, and hopefully someone will get back to you.
Yeah everything has been received. It just says awaiting transcript evaluation

That happened to me too last week . And I called and they fixed it. I guess glitches happen maybe because I was complete before that happened too

is there anyone who applied to DPMS but then got an acceptance to another program instead, like IMS?
I think they tell you after you interview and they think you'd be a better match for those programs. And if not then the other departments offer the admissions for those programs maybe a little later since they arent through the medical school admissions specifically

Hello there I received an interview email it seems the available dates were the 16th 18th 22th 23th or 25th of may. Anybody whose already living there willing to provide motel tips or offer up their place I am willing to sleep on the couch.

Thanks!

Hello there I received an interview email it seems the available dates were the 16th 18th 22th 23th or 25th of may. Anybody whose already living there willing to provide motel tips or offer up their place I am willing to sleep on the couch.

Thanks!
Thanks! What day was your application complete?

To those who interviewed,

What did you take with you on that day? Anything you'll recommend??

Just finished the program this year and going to be matriculating next year. I was a Track One (MCAT retake) student. I'm open in answering any questions. PM or ask me here

Congratulations on your matriculation!!! I see that your MCAT was 496 and you were put in track I correct? When you retook the MCAT, did you see a big improvement in your score? (i.e.- what percentage did it increase to?)
Also, did you retake the MCAT during your winter break of studying? I saw a post about potentially taking it in January just in case your score is low which gives you time to retake it before the April deadline.
Is there any financial support for the actual MCAT exam or would we have to pay for it by ourselves?

Thanks for your help!!!

Hey everyone!!!
I applied to DPMS pretty late (verified 4/26) and was granted an interview last Wednesday (5/10). I will be interviewing this Thursday (5/18)

Just an FYI here are my stats:
undergrad gpa: 3.1
grad gpa: 3.8
mcat: 491 (24th percentile)

As you can see my MCAT is super duper lowww but I pray that they look past that, see all of my experiences and hopefully see the potential that I have. I will most likely be put in the MCAT track if accepted (which I don't mind because I probably have to retake it anyways so it would help to have supportive resources through this program). I'm just blessed to have an interview, even though I already have a masters this is pretty much my last shot especially after having an unsuccessful application cycle.

Good luck to everyone applying!!! I will hopefully return to the thread and send an updated post on my interview :)

Hey everyone!!!
I applied to DPMS pretty late (verified 4/26) and was granted an interview last Wednesday (5/10). I will be interviewing this Thursday (5/18)

Just an FYI here are my stats:
undergrad gpa: 3.1
grad gpa: 3.8
mcat: 491 (24th percentile)

As you can see my MCAT is super duper lowww but I pray that they look past that, see all of my experiences and hopefully see the potential that I have. I will most likely be put in the MCAT track if accepted (which I don't mind because I probably have to retake it anyways so it would help to have supportive resources through this program). I'm just blessed to have an interview, even though I already have a masters this is pretty much my last shot especially after having an unsuccessful application cycle.

Good luck to everyone applying!!! I will hopefully return to the thread and send an updated post on my interview :)

What did you get your masters in?

Has anyone tried calling to find out about the status of their application?

New countdown based on previous threads and last interview day (May 25): 17 days until final decisions (Friday, June 2, 2017)

Last edited:
Is it safe to assume you're rejected if you haven't heard anything at all yet?

Has anyone tried calling to find out about the status of their application?

Yeah, they just give me the same line about "applications are still being reviewed, interviews invites are still being sent out, etc. etc."

Yeah, they just give me the same line about "applications are still being reviewed, interviews invites are still being sent out, etc. etc."

Have you heard anything back yet? I read in the 2016-2017 DPMS thread that someone scored a last minute interview on June 2! It gives me a little hope.

Congratulations on your matriculation!!! I see that your MCAT was 496 and you were put in track I correct? When you retook the MCAT, did you see a big improvement in your score? (i.e.- what percentage did it increase to?)
Also, did you retake the MCAT during your winter break of studying? I saw a post about potentially taking it in January just in case your score is low which gives you time to retake it before the April deadline.
Is there any financial support for the actual MCAT exam or would we have to pay for it by ourselves?

Thanks for your help!!!
My score went up to 505. And I saw an increase in every section. Reading is what got me the first time, but CARS tends to be what messes a lot of us up, son make sure your doing passages as much as possible. The sciences and psych aren't that bad to hit.

I took my exam in late January and late March

My score went up to 505. And I saw an increase in every section. Reading is what got me the first time, but CARS tends to be what messes a lot of us up, son make sure your doing passages as much as possible. The sciences and psych aren't that bad to hit.

I took my exam in late January and late March
I'm assuming Drexel doesn't offer scholarship/financial aid during the one-year dpms program but do they offer financial aid during the medical school years? like good financial aid package?

The majority of med students at Drexel just pay for med school/living with loans. And it's the same for during DPMS.

Scholarships and grants do exist of course(very few full scholarships, more partial scholarships) from Drexel itself and from outside sources. But out of the 260 person class, I definitely don't think most people were awarded a scholarship/grant. Some people have parents who help, but yea, it's expensive.

What did you get your masters in?
Masters of Science in Modern Human Anatomy. Unfortunately it did not have a matriculation deal with the med school but it was a pretty intense two year program and obviously with a low undergrad gpa, I had to find a way to prove that I could handle upper-level coursework. So I don't regret it at all and advise grad school for undergrads pursuing medicine as a plan if postbaccs don't work out!

Anyone interview tomorrow May 18?

I am so nervous. OMG