Drexel DPMS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got accepted today! My interview was May 11. Be patient if you want it guys, you never know. And I thought I bombed my interview.

Lol wtf? The program starts in 7 days. Congrats man, but damn. DPMS has no chill this year

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Made an account just to post, got accepted through the portal today, I know it's crazy late but don't give up hope.
With 1 week notice, I have a feeling I was on the waitlist because I did not receive any call for the acceptance. Interviewed may 22 also

Reactions: 3 users
Made an account just to post, got accepted through the portal today, I know it's crazy late but don't give up hope.
With 1 week notice, I have a feeling I was on the waitlist because I did not receive any call for the acceptance. Interviewed may 22 also
When did u get accepted? I mean around what time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got rejected too. What an awful admissions committe to make us wait this long without any purpose.

Rejected too! did they tell you that you would be contacted later about other programs?

Let us know what you said to them. Don't leave any detail out:rofl:

lol I am probably not gonna say anything..was just bluffin...but they just accepted me to their MS in biomedical sciences...probably not doing it

Curious if anyone that got interviewed by Dr Larson got in. I feel like I would have had a better chance if i had been interviewed an MD rather than someone with a phd. I feel like they can relate more. Just an opinion and post rejection ranting lol

I interviewed with Dr. Larson and was rejected yesterday as well. I agree with everything you just said. I feel like she was unable to relate to me or what I was saying. #veryawkwardinterview lol
I had to wait outside her office for like 15 minutes while she was doing god knows what but most likely going through my application at the last minute. It was awkward indeed.

well this is the end people! See y another year another place

I had to wait outside her office for like 15 minutes while she was doing god knows what but most likely going through my application at the last minute. It was awkward indeed.

Wow, same here! Oh well, everything happens for a reason.

Good luck to every one!

To those accepted, congratulations! I hope all of you get admission offers into DUCOM. To those who didn't get in and had to wait for a rejection like I did, stay strong, work hard and save the carribean as your very last option. I'll be happy to not be constantly checking this board.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all -
I know this is late now, but I figure my post may help applicants in the future. I was accepted to the DPMS program, but ultimately decided not to accept my spot. My stats are as follows: cGPA: 3.52, sGPA: 3.20, MCAT: 506. I was selected for the track that does not need to retake the MCAT. I have extensive research and shadowing experience, including 2 publications at the moment, and one year (going on two) of clinical research experience in a hospital. While I realize my stats aren't perfect, I chose not to enroll in DPMS for numerous reasons. First, during my interview, the doctor I spoke with opened by asking if I had applied to medical school previously (which I had not). She continuously mentioned that I would get in somewhere, if I apply the traditional route, and insisted I apply to Drexel (she even said "we'd be happy to have you here", which I don't think they're supposed to, but it was nice to hear anyway...). I interviewed on May 18th and was accepted on June 4th. Unfortunately, the turn around time for the program was far too quick for me. My father passed the day after I received my acceptance, so it was unrealistic for me to quit my job and uproot my life. I was also quite skeptical about the matriculation rate to DUCOM; my interviewer said only about 17/40 students made it to white coat from last year's class. Granted, students have any different reasons for not making it, i.e. kids, family, illness, etc. However, the disorganization of the program, lack of communication, and push from faculty to not enroll in this program, did ultimately play an important role in my decision. I hope this helps future applicants, best of luck to those who have enrolled!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all -
I know this is late now, but I figure my post may help applicants in the future. I was accepted to the DPMS program, but ultimately decided not to accept my spot. My stats are as follows: cGPA: 3.52, sGPA: 3.20, MCAT: 506. I was selected for the track that does not need to retake the MCAT. I have extensive research and shadowing experience, including 2 publications at the moment, and one year (going on two) of clinical research experience in a hospital. While I realize my stats aren't perfect, I chose not to enroll in DPMS for numerous reasons. First, during my interview, the doctor I spoke with opened by asking if I had applied to medical school previously (which I had not). She continuously mentioned that I would get in somewhere, if I apply the traditional route, and insisted I apply to Drexel (she even said "we'd be happy to have you here", which I don't think they're supposed to, but it was nice to hear anyway...). I interviewed on May 18th and was accepted on June 4th. Unfortunately, the turn around time for the program was far too quick for me. My father passed the day after I received my acceptance, so it was unrealistic for me to quit my job and uproot my life. I was also quite skeptical about the matriculation rate to DUCOM; my interviewer said only about 17/40 students made it to white coat from last year's class. Granted, students have any different reasons for not making it, i.e. kids, family, illness, etc. However, the disorganization of the program, lack of communication, and push from faculty to not enroll in this program, did ultimately play an important role in my decision. I hope this helps future applicants, best of luck to those who have enrolled!

Good decision. Those stats are solid with enough extracurriculars and maybe a leadership position and unique essay. Better than mine when I started DPMS two years ago. I didn't matriculate but just started med school this year. For whatever reason this DPMS program has a wishy washy feel to it and I believe they go in every year with no intention of matriculating more than 75% of the class. I've never heard of DPMS having anything above that but hey it's an option (though costly). The Master's Degree will help your med school app (it helped mine and another student) the next cycle so for those who can't reach the matriculation contract metrics, work hard on getting the MS at least

Is it worth it to apply if I'm going to be sending in MCAT scores on the 1st of May? I mean, I understand there's a deadline of the 2nd but would that be a) cutting it too close and b) all the spots would be filled by then?

Is it worth it to apply if I'm going to be sending in MCAT scores on the 1st of May? I mean, I understand there's a deadline of the 2nd but would that be a) cutting it too close and b) all the spots would be filled by then?

Yes it is cutting it close. But last cycle they interviewed people into mid may. Your chance is slim, but it's there.

Hey 4444,
I'm not discounting your claims, but is there any way that you could explain on this further? Are you currently a DPMS student, or know someone who was? I thought the requirement for matriculation was pretty clear cut: 125 at least in each section and a 3.2 GPA or higher in the program

MedicineN'Jazz, You are correct regarding the Graduate or program GPA. I just wanted to clarify that the program expects the percentile score for each section as well as overall on the MCAT to be 45. The program has not settled on what specific score will be required...Only working with percentile ranking. Please call the program office 215 762 4692 if you have specific questions.
Hope this helps.

Hello munc18,
It is worth it! the deadline was set so that candidates receiving their score at this time would be able to submit them and be considered for the program. If you have specific questions please call the program office 215 762 4692
Hope this helps.