Drexel Interview (Hotel Reservation)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qui1027

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello..I was wondering which hotels people usually stay at when they interview at Drexel?

Germantwon Bed and Breakfast
Holiday Inn
Doubletree Club Hotel Philadelphia NE

Has anyone who stayed at the Holiday Inn reserve a shuttle that went directly to the medical school campus?

Members don't see this ad.

qui1027 said:
Hello..I was wondering which hotels people usually stay at when they interview at Drexel?

Holiday Inn

Has anyone who stayed at the Holiday Inn reserve a shuttle that went directly to the medical school campus?

Hey there I also got the Drexel intverview invitation this weekend. I just scheduled for the week of Dec 5th. I looked at the interview feedback page on this website and Holiday Inn seems pretty popular - but its about 30 minutes or so from the school and probably more expensive. I'm tempted to try the Germantown Bed and breakfast since its nearer and cheaper although it sounds inferior - I hope im wrong. Not that I give two hoots - all I want is admisson I dont care where i stay :D

Definitely stay at the Holiday Inn on Presidential Ave. It's about 10-15 mins (not 30) from the School. It's a hellhole but I've heard it's much better than the other places.

Members don't see this ad :)
qui1027 said:

Holiday Inn

why not stay with a student? that's what i did and it was much more "useful" than staying in a hotel. it's also a lot cheaper!! :) just my opinion though...

qui1027 said:

"Holiday Inn City Line" is the Holiday Inn on Presidential Ave., which is about 30 mins. from Philadelphia International Airport. I found the hotel to be comfortable. They have a shuttle to Drexel that leaves around 8:30 A.M. every weekday. It took the shuttle about 10 minutes (mainly surface streets) to reach the school, and about 5 other applicants were in the van with me. If you want to know more about their shuttle, it'd be best to talk to hotel security. Good luck!

qui1027 said:

Holiday Inn

Quick question: Where is Drexel's Health Science Campus?
I am asking b/c you can use hotwire to get awesome deals on these hotels around here. As long as you know your location you can choose accordingly. Seriously check it out! I am here in philadelphia right now going to school at Penn (not med school yet). When I came to visit I used hotwire to choose where I would stay. At first I was hesitant b/c they do not give you the hotel name. They only give you the star rating (according to their ranking method). So I checked out how they rank hotels and the hotels they work with....and it is all legit....They only work with big name hotel chains that we have all heard of, such as Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, Intercontinental, Hilton, Doubletree, Hyatt (high end), Loews (high end), Sofitel (high end), Omni (high end), and many five diamond hotel companies. So I ended up choosing a hotel described as being a four star hotel located in Center City East (Waterfront Property). The price was $81/night......I was shocked! SO I chose it and turned out to be the Hyatt at Penn's Landing!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool: :cool: . So now I am a believer...especially since the regular hyatt summer rates were approx. $250/night.

The next time when I came down I got the wyndham hotel on 13th and race st. for $61/night!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when your interview is and maybe I can help.

good luck!

Holiday inn worked for me. The shuttle to the campus also worked out well.