Drexel Interview in late April?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetjulia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an interview invite from Drexel just before the holidays, and after leaving several voice mails, I finally got a hold of someone today to schedule the interview. The first available interview date isn't until late April! I've had one interview (at CU), one rejection (from UCSF), and my application has been in review mode at Albert Einstein, Mt. Sinai, UPenn, UCLA, and Temple since October, so I scheduled the interview for Drexel. I really like Drexel, but do they only interview one person a day or something? If I get accepted anywhere else, I'll have to accept before I ever do my Drexel interview. Is it worth calling back periodically to see if other applicants have cancelled their interviews? How late do interviews continue?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by jetjulia
I got an interview invite from Drexel just before the holidays, and after leaving several voice mails, I finally got a hold of someone today to schedule the interview. The first available interview date isn't until late April! I've had one interview (at CU), one rejection (from UCSF), and my application has been in review mode at Albert Einstein, Mt. Sinai, UPenn, UCLA, and Temple since October, so I scheduled the interview for Drexel. I really like Drexel, but do they only interview one person a day or something? If I get accepted anywhere else, I'll have to accept before I ever do my Drexel interview. Is it worth calling back periodically to see if other applicants have cancelled their interviews? How late do interviews continue?

Welcome to SDN! I think Drexel interviews alot of kids. And plus I think movement on the Drexel acceptees list is probably pretty fluid. I think you should definitely call as the weeks go by and you hear from other schools about changing your Drexel interview date.

Most schools wrap up interviews b/w late Jan/Feb but some schools go into March and April.

jetjulia...

lo and behold..the same thing has happened to me.
my interview's on the 27th of april....when's urs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ChiaPet,

My interview's on the 26th...unless I hear from another school before then. Do you have any other hopeful schools you'll hear from first?

jetjulia

Are there people who have had such later interviews at Drexel and were accepted, not waitlisted first?

I also have a late interview there.

I think that Drexel is a totally great school and a late interview is still an interview! With some schools, I have heard that they interview and accept a good percentage of students and that as the May 15 deadline comes - when you have to show what acceptances you hold and then finally decide - that there is alot of movement.

In other words, you can definitely interview in April, and then be accepted. Even if you are waitlisted at a school, after May 15 these lists move and shift pretty rapidly. Do a search and read about what happened last year and the year before.

Good luck with your interview - it's a great day and the staff and students really try and make you feel welcome :)

Hey jetjulia,

I wouldn't worry about it too much...as others have pointed out, Drexel has a big class, accepts a lot of people, and probably has a lot of movement on their list (the Dean said they accept roughly 800 people to fill 250 slots). You should have a much better idea of your status at your other schools by then (you'll hear from CU in March), and Drexel should still be accepting people at that point too. It's a good school, in my opinion...I really enjoyed my interview there, liked Philly and wouldn't mind attending Drexel one bit. :)

Good luck!!

So May 15th is the d-day? When I interviewed at CU, they told us it was April 15th.

.... well, maybe it is April 15. I don't remember exactly ... I *thought* it was May...

Well this isn't good news for me as I'm still waiting for an interview invite. Maybe it will be waiting for me when I go back to school tomorrow. (fingers crossed) Thanks for the heads up though. I also suggest calling periodically to try to get a earlier interview.
Logically speaking, I would think quite a few spots would open up.

for those of you with late interviews at drexel, it might be worth a try to call in a month or so to see if anybody has cancelled an interview so you can slide into their spot. i think that as more people are getting acceptances and deciding where to go, they will end up cancelling interviews. you may get lucky and get an earlier interview, so its worth it to give a call.

jet julia....

I've interviewed at 4 schools so far...and have upstate..downstate...albany....buffalo...and drexel interviews coming up in the months ahead. i'm a little afraid b/c all of my interviews seem pretty late into the application process. but i've squeezed some hope out of the forums....so I guess I still stand a chance at acceptance.

if i die and am reincarnated...the first mistake i will rectify is taking the MCAT in April instead of august. :idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
also, i donno if you all had this problem, but when i was calling drexel, i'd get a voicemail (for the past 2-3 weeks). apparently, something's wrong with one of their lines. don't call the number they provide within the body of the letter they send you for the invite. instead, call the number towards the bottom of the letter (where they have the address and all)/

Howdy

Call soon for a March 9th interview b/c I'm 95% sure I'm going to cancell mine.

Hope this helps!

greenie.

I called Drexel to check if my application was complete and the lady told me I was being invited for an interview but they aren't scheduling until April. Schools have to accept enough people to fill their class by March 15 (I think), so if we interview in April we will definitely be on the waitlist. Does anyone know how Drexel's waitlist works (is it ranked, or are is it based on when you interview)? Greenie8, let us know when you cancel your interview!

Guess what folks? I called Drexel today to chat about my late interview, and they bumped up my interview date from April 26 to February 28th! Two months eariler, and on a Saturday to boot - so I don't have to miss too much school. So if you're a Drexel app with a late interview, I definitely recommend calling back about earlier interviews.

You only know if you are wait-listed at Drexel, not the ranking. Saturday interviews are fun to go to.

Just got an April 3rd Saturday interview. I guess this is due to someone cancelling, because the next available date was in early May.

be happy you guys got one. i mailed all my stuff back in nov and they now sent me a postcard saying my application is complete.

hey i would definitely call back and check. i moved my interview up from april 27 to april 3rd saturday too!

For those of you with Saturday interviews...

Keep in mind that you will miss out on seeing students interacting with each other-- which can be a very positive experience.

On a saturday, you will either see very few people or the lots of students studying madly for a monday exam. Just keep that in mind and it's a not a "perfect" representation. Make the best of the student interviewers that will be there and over lunch...

Hi, everyone. I just want to let you know that I just cancelled my interview at Drexel which was scheduled on Friday, February 6th.

So, there should be one spot for the interview that day.
I hope someone can take my spot soon!

Yeah, they do Saturday interviews. I interviewed on a Friday, and there was another person who was interviewing the next day who was staying downstairs at my hotel.

Originally posted by Megalofyia
Are there people who have had such later interviews at Drexel and were accepted, not waitlisted first?

Yup - interviewed April 15 2002 and was accepted outright. :) Even though there were delays all around that application cycle (between AMCAS first going online and 9/11) I'm betting you still have a chance. Good luck!

Originally posted by Lara
Yup - interviewed April 15 2002 and was accepted outright. :) Even though there were delays all around that application cycle (between AMCAS first going online and 9/11) I'm betting you still have a chance. Good luck!

My former co-worker received an interview invite from Drexel in late *June* and got accepted outright. She had no idea how it happened, but she's an M1 there now. But, as others have said earlier, call the school to see about any cancellations for earlier dates that might go to you. Best of luck!

Just to let you guys know, I called last week and was able to reschedule my Drexel interview from May to early March. They gave me several choices, so you guys might want to call and reschedule for March. And for those of you who can't get through, I finally chose the option (I think #6) for all other questions, or just stay on the line and someone will answer. Good luck!

Originally posted by osar92
for those of you with late interviews at drexel, it might be worth a try to call in a month or so to see if anybody has cancelled an interview so you can slide into their spot. i think that as more people are getting acceptances and deciding where to go, they will end up cancelling interviews. you may get lucky and get an earlier interview, so its worth it to give a call.

Thanks for the help. I just called Drexel to change my April 21 interview, and nabbed a March 12 spot.

As with the whole apps process, doing everything as early as possible works in your favor.

At least your interview is before mine there: May 2! Best luck

Whoops! I meant 3rd. Note to self: read before sending.