I got a late (Feb. 17th) interview at WASHU, should I feel like I have a chance going in since the interview is so late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saamjad

Reaction score
WASHU has and always will be my top choice in medical school, but I am a little disappointed in how late I was given an interview. Does this reflect in how likely they are to want me to attend their school?

Members don't see this ad.

WASHU has and always will be my top choice in medical school, but I am a little disappointed in how late I was given an interview. Does this reflect in how likely they are to want me to attend their school?
They don't waste time interviewing people in whom they have no interest.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe you just got "that one reviewer" who takes forever to get through applications. All I know is that you have zero chance if you don't show up.

Reactions: 1 users
what's going on with people? You are disappointed because your interview came late?! Lighten up and do well.

Reactions: 4 users
Grab the interview and do the best you can do get into your top choice school.

They're not wasting their time interviewing someone they're not interested in. Don't over think this or be disappointed. Be happy! And ace it!

I was literally the last person on my school’s list to accept before they made the WL back in the day. Do you think I care?

Reactions: 7 users
Yes. There was at least one year where Washington University had to go deep in to their waitlist to fill their class.

I was supposed to interview with my top choice school 2/15 but it just got r/s to 3/1.
You have to hold out hope and do the best you can, this process sucks but it will be worth it.

AAAANNNND currently my money is down at a DO school that was a $2000 first deposit and second is due 3/15 which is another $1000.
Life is unpredictable but you will end up where you belong. Take the interview and kick some butt.

Perhaps they save the best for last.

Just do it. No regrets. No imposter syndrome.

Unless they've already sent all the offers they intend to send, you are NOT interviewing for the waitllist. I suspect that they still have the electronic equivalent of "fat envelopes" available and are continuing to interview applicants for seats that are still up for grabs.

Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
  • Even if you are interviewing for the waitlist, at most schools there is a not insignificant chunk of the waitlist that gets in so it's absolutely still worth going if you'd pick WashU over your current acceptance(s).
  • There are a million and two different reasons you could have gotten an interview this late, many of which have nothing to do with the school's level of interest in you.
  • Many schools have WAY more stellar candidates they would love to have than they can actually interview.
  • And even if they are not that interested in you, in which case they probably would not have offered to interview you in the first place, the interview is your chance to change their mind.
In summary: Suck it up! Quit worrying about whether they like you or not! Go interview at your dream school!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey friends,

I was curious about this because I know its later in the cycle, and they do rolling admissions. Does anyone know how long in the past in has taken to hear something?

Thank you~

I would have asked someone in admissions, but there was never a good time.

I do not know when you will hear back. There have been occasional years where they go go deep into there waitlist to fill their class.

Hey friends,

I was curious about this because I know its later in the cycle, and they do rolling admissions. Does anyone know how long in the past in has taken to hear something?

Thank you~
I would have asked someone in admissions, but there was never a good time.
I have merged your thread regarding WashU with your original one.

Ok friends, so my new question is, does anyone know how long it takes to hear initially about A, WL, or R?