Drexel Letter...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaltySqueegee

El Rey de Salsa
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals of the SDN community, called up Drexel today to ask them the status of my application. They said that a Decision Letter had been sent on 2-23-04. I interviewed on 1-20-04. I'm a California applicant. 32P, 3.7GPA, Bio major, Chem minor, Religious Studies minor. I was wondering if I could ask the SDN community of their knowledge of the Drexel admissions process.

Would this letter either be an acceptance or a rejection, or could it also possibly be a waitlist?

Did anyone receive a decision letter from drexel lately, and if so what was the nature of the letter, accept, reject, waitlist?

Fill me in, my neurotic mind wants to know.

Thank you all for your help and advice. (All I need is one acceptance, and then, maybe then I can not worry about so much about this whole process...)

Members don't see this ad.

I can tell you this much. It will be either an accept, reject, or waitlist. :)

Seriously though, I'm not sure. You have good stats and you're a CA resident, so that's good.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, if it's a small envelope then you're either waitlisted or rejected. But! a large, white 8 1/2 x 11 envelope would mean you're in.

So, that might help as you open the mailbox door ... :)

Good luck dude!

Interviewed 11/21, received waitlist in a regular envelope mid january. You're stats are better than mine, I'm also in Cal. Sounds like they reached a decision quickly with you, I think that is good news! Good luck!

I got a small white envelope with my acceptance. Just hold your breath when you open it!

Rocco

You got a small white envelope with your acceptance? Well, I take it back then. I was told by a student to look out for the big envelope, and I was lucky enough to actually get one in a couple of weeks.

I guess now, I have no idea what will come in the mail !

yo MD tom, i received a packet postmarked that exact same date with an acceptance. good luck

Originally posted by MEDicated
yo MD tom, i received a packet postmarked that exact same date with an acceptance. good luck

When did you receive yours. Friday, Thursday??? ... ...

Thank you all for your quick replies.

Here's hoping for the best.

What's the quickest anyone has ever gotten a decision from Drexel? I interviewed on Jan. 30 and am very anxious to find out.:eek:

They take about 4-6 weeks. I received my acceptence about 6 weeks after I interviewed (november 2nd to december 14th I thin it was). My undergrad school takes forever with mail though..they sent out the letter about a week earlier. As for the letter, it came in a packet since you have to send back a deposit and a formal applcation to the PIL program if you want to do that.

i interviewed on oct 27 and got an acceptance on January 14. It was a long time to wait.

When I interviewed (1/29), I was told to expect a wait of about 8 weeks.... I was hoping that the estimate I was given was just an upper-end, but from what I've been reading, it seems like 8 has been the norm as opposed to the 4-6. I would love it if they managed to get to our files quicker though... I liked Drexel and I'm anxious to hear back too...

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in October and got my acceptance 15 days later. It took four days to get to me too, so I was just about floored to get it so quick. :) First interview - wow!!

I am so looking forward to going, it's a great school. I'm still waiting on other schools but so far it looks like I'll be in Phila, and very happy to be there !

bump... anyone get any news today, I'm still waiting for the mail to come.

Please post. Thanks,

SUCK! ... nothing in the mail yet. And I was hoping to have an acceptance so that I can go get drunk off my arse tonight. Now I'll have to drink to celebrate waiting for my letter... +pissed+

Bah! My letter was a waitlist. =\
It was dated 2-23 as well.

Originally posted by SpiffyJWC
Bah! My letter was a waitlist. =\
It was dated 2-23 as well.

Do you have no acceptances or do you want to go to Drexel?

Originally posted by MErc44
Do you have no acceptances or do you want to go to Drexel?

Both, actually. I've had a couple interviews - this is my second waitlist... but I really liked the school when I visited for my interview. argh....:mad:

I was pretty sure I was going to get waitlisted there also. They took a long time getting back to me. I had two waitlists at that point so I was pretty pissed off about this process. Nice to see people who like Drexel. I saw no problem with it.

For those that have received letters dated for the 23rd, what date did you interview, and what state do you live in?

Sorry about the waitlist merc, and spiffy, I'm crossing my fingers that you'll both get in somewhere.

actuallly i got in

Again, if it isn't too much trouble,

For those that have received letters postmarked around the 23rd, what date did you interview, and what state do you live in?

I have yet to receive my letter yet. Hopefully when I do, it will be good news.

Oh, and a big congrats to you Merc! :clap:

Suck!!! It was a reject letter...+pissed+

Originally posted by MDTom
Suck!!! It was a reject letter...+pissed+

Join the club bro. I was rejected post-interview too.

MDTom I am really sorry to hear ot was a rejection letter. All I can assume is that they figured you would go somewhere else with your numbers.

On another note is Lisa M. Cifelli the dean of admissions? Is she a physician, phd?
Thanks

She's not the dean of admissions. Dr. Trunkel is the Dean of Admissons I believe. (someone please correct me if i'm wrong...)

Originally posted by Megalofyia
MDTom I am really sorry to hear ot was a rejection letter. All I can assume is that they figured you would go somewhere else with your numbers.

On another note is Lisa M. Cifelli the dean of admissions? Is she a physician, phd?
Thanks

Actually, I found why I got rejected post-interview. It wasn't my numbers, but my lack of volunteer/health orientated activities. I only had 1 volunteer activity.

Originally posted by Kashue
Actually, I found why I got rejected post-interview. It wasn't my numbers, but my lack of volunteer/health orientated activities. I only had 1 volunteer activity.
I only had one volunteer activity and I was accepted. Maybe they were just telling you stuff. I believe no one can ever know the real reasons why anyone is rejected post-interview.

Originally posted by Slickness
I only had one volunteer activity and I was accepted. Maybe they were just telling you stuff. I believe no one can ever know the real reasons why anyone is rejected post-interview.

Yep, but my volunteer activity lasted a few months. Yours?

Yep, but my volunteer activity lasted a few months. Yours?
Oh I see. Mine was 2 years.

Anyways, I should be withdrawing from Drexel soon to open up a spot for someone. Hope it helps. :)

Originally posted by Slickness
Oh I see. Mine was 2 years.

Anyways, I should be withdrawing from Drexel soon to open up a spot for someone. Hope it helps. :)

Yep, I've got loads of research, but little when it comes volunteer/comunity stuff. *shrug*

Originally posted by facted
She's not the dean of admissions. Dr. Trunkel is the Dean of Admissons I believe. (someone please correct me if i'm wrong...)

Allan Tunkel, MD, PhD, is the Associate Dean of Admissions

Lisa Cifelli (I couldn't find her degree listed anywhere) is the Director of Admissions

Originally posted by nibrocli
Allan Tunkel, MD, PhD, is the Associate Dean of Admissions

Lisa Cifelli (I couldn't find her degree listed anywhere) is the Director of Admissions

So if I'm writing an update letter to the school who would be better to address it to?

So if I'm writing an update letter to the school who would be better to address it to?

I would assume the Office of Admissions and the address for the office (2600 Queen Lane I believe...but you definately should check that one).

Originally posted by facted
I would assume the Office of Admissions and the address for the office (2600 Queen Lane I believe...but you definately should check that one).

Yeah... but which person?

So I called...

... and I was forwarded to send an email to Lisa...

Email petition has been sent.

Now I'm crossing my fingers.

Whatever.

Yeah... but which person?

I sent my letters to "office of admission". The letter itself was addressed to "Dean of Admissions". I think more than anything, that's a formality and you don't need to worry about that one too much.

Originally posted by MDTom
So I called...

... and I was forwarded to send an email to Lisa...

Email petition has been sent.

Now I'm crossing my fingers.

Whatever.

Bad new for ya MDTOm. All decisions are final at Drexel. They don't accept petitions.

Bad new for ya MDTOm. All decisions are final at Drexel. They don't accept petitions.

Well $hit... +pity+

MDTom--- I am sorry that you did not get in. If you call up the Office of Admissions, and speak to Lisa, they will give you an indication of why you were not accepted and/or ways to strengthen your application.

I do not think that Lisa is a doctor, but she might have a masters, not sure about that one.

Megalofyia... Did Dr. Tunkel interview you? If so, writing to him might make more sense. Otherwise, Lisa would be fine-- she would have it put right into your file. Also, "office of admissions" to whom it may concern could work too.

PM me if you have any questions!

Originally posted by Ms.Doctor

Megalofyia... Did Dr. Tunkel interview you? If so, writing to him might make more sense. Otherwise, Lisa would be fine-- she would have it put right into your file. Also, "office of admissions" to whom it may concern could work too.

I haven't had my interview yet. This is just an update letter I'm sending cause I finished my masters. I ended up addressing it to Lisa. Thanks!

Originally posted by Ms.Doctor
MDTom--- I am sorry that you did not get in. If you call up the Office of Admissions, and speak to Lisa, they will give you an indication of why you were not accepted and/or ways to strengthen your application.

I do not think that Lisa is a doctor, but she might have a masters, not sure about that one.

PM me if you have any questions!

Email Dr Tunkel. He atleast returns emails. Lisa didn't even return my email.

Email Dr Tunkel. He atleast returns emails. Lisa didn't even return my email.

Perhaps I'll do both. :)

Lisa does return emails-- I know of applicants that have emailed her.

She is also pregnant, so she is not in the office 24/7 as usual.

bump...anyone else with any news?