Update Letter Post Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Banana364

Reaction score
I did my interview at the beginning of this month and they said decisions would be ideally sent out in 4-6 weeks. I have already updated them pre-interview on my significant updates (Grades, Pub, and ECs) but I now have some new updates (another Pub and oral presentation at a conference) since my interview. I wanted to know when would be a good idea post-interview to send a 2nd update letter if at all or if you should only send a letter of interest/intent? I also already sent a thank-you letter to my interviewers after my interview to the admissions office that they confirmed they would pass on to the faculty. Thank you guys for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

I did my interview at the beginning of this month and they said decisions would be ideally sent out in 4-6 weeks. I have already updated them pre-interview on my significant updates (Grades, Pub, and ECs) but I now have some new updates (another Pub and oral presentation at a conference) since my interview. I wanted to know when would be a good idea post-interview to send a 2nd update letter if at all or if you should only send a letter of interest/intent? I also already sent a thank-you letter to my interviewers after my interview to the admissions office that they confirmed they would pass on to the faculty. Thank you guys for any help!
It doesn't hurt, but review the school's policies on updates (some schools limit to 2 at max, etc.)

Reactions: 2 users
It doesn't hurt, but review the school's policies on updates (some schools limit to 2 at max, etc.)
Would you say only send a letter of intent after you get waitlisted or would sending one before receiving a decision be a good idea?

Reactions: 1 user