Drexel MSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone, I just got my acceptance today :soexcited::banana: So I guess I'll be seeing you all in August. Having said that how is everyone else paying tuition and the extra expenses. My parents are willing to help, but I don't know if I really want that Albatross around my neck.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed today! *fingers crossed* btw, was anyone else asked if they were bilingual?

They asked me that question. I didn't write anything in my application about it. I said that when I was little I used to speak Tagalog but I completely lost it. Maybe they assumed I spoke Spanish or something from my name, hence why they asked???

Does anyone know how many seats they have left for MSP/IMS? I have someone asking me if its too late to apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
They asked me that question. I didn't write anything in my application about it. I said that when I was little I used to speak Tagalog but I completely lost it. Maybe they assumed I spoke Spanish or something from my name, hence why they asked???

I understand Tagalog?? Haha I use to speak too, until my Lola scolded me as a child for speaking it. She wanted me to speak English to "Americanize" me and thought it'd help me in school - whatever that meant. Now she's crazy and asks why I don't speak our own language. My Lola's funny. :rolleyes: Filipinos man...tsk tsk..Filipinos

Random question, what is the starting date of the program?

Hey guys,

I'm a new member to this forum. I just got accepted into the MSP program today. Anyone here considering Stiles Hall for next year and need a (female) roomate/roomates? PM/email me!

Also, did anyone here apply to the UPenn Specialized program? I have an interview coming up but strongly leaning towards Drexel at the moment.

Excited/nervous to be moving to Philly but would love to meet you all!

The start date is August 9th from what I remeber in my email.

9th, but there is a week long orientation starting on the 2nd, that information is posted on the orientation memo.

Does anyone know how to start the procedure for applying for housing? And Good luck to those of you still waiting for news; Just keep the faith and everything will work itself out.

Does anyone know how to start the procedure for applying for housing? And Good luck to those of you still waiting for news; Just keep the faith and everything will work itself out.

This took me forever to find out so here.

1. Get accepted. Send in your deposit.
2. Set up "New Student Accounts". There is a link on the orientation site. It takes about one week after you send in the deposit for you to be able to actually make your account.
3. Log into one.drexel.edu.
4. Click on "students"
5. Click on "housing" - log in.
6. Fill out the application for Graduate Housing - Stiles (there is no room left in the fancy official graduate housing). Submit it.
7. Log into billpay on the one.drexel.edu site.
8. Click "Deposit", "Housing Deposit", pay the 200$.
9. Wait for your assignment. Still room left in Stiles. I just got my assignment - 206B apparently.

Hope this helps.

This took me forever to find out so here.

1. Get accepted. Send in your deposit.
2. Set up "New Student Accounts". There is a link on the orientation site. It takes about one week after you send in the deposit for you to be able to actually make your account.
3. Log into one.drexel.edu.
4. Click on "students"
5. Click on "housing" - log in.
6. Fill out the application for Graduate Housing - Stiles (there is no room left in the fancy official graduate housing). Submit it.
7. Log into billpay on the one.drexel.edu site.
8. Click "Deposit", "Housing Deposit", pay the 200$.
9. Wait for your assignment. Still room left in Stiles. I just got my assignment - 206B apparently.

Hope this helps.

Thanks; it helped a lot

How long does it take for the program to send your info to Aetna for you to be able to submit the Insurance enrollment/waiver form?

Members don't see this ad :)
anxiously waiting to hear back!

Is anyone looking to live off campus? if so, where? i was recently contacted about a lack of graduate apartment housing and that Stiles only has a few 2-3 bedrooms left.

I'm looking in the Germantown/East Falls and Mt. Airy areas. Does anyone know about the safety of these neighborhoods?

Is anyone looking to live off campus? if so, where? i was recently contacted about a lack of graduate apartment housing and that Stiles only has a few 2-3 bedrooms left.

I'm looking in the Germantown/East Falls and Mt. Airy areas. Does anyone know about the safety of these neighborhoods?

Safe depending on the exact area. I hope you'll have a car or be willing to take the train. Commute is easier by train.

Why not look for housing near the center city area?

Mt. Airy is very safe, and nice -- I have an apartment there. Extremely easy to get into the city on either the R7 or R8, too.

Germantown and East Falls... I'm not as huge of a fan. It's a lot cheaper though, so just look at crime maps and scope out the area to see how the specific location feels.

I interviewed 2 weeks ago and still have not heard back anything. I call and they tell me to be patient. I've kind of given up on being accepting...Classes are so close to starting.

I interviewed 2 weeks ago and still have not heard back anything. I call and they tell me to be patient. I've kind of given up on being accepting...Classes are so close to starting.

So when I interviewed for IMS back in May it took them ~3 weeks. Because you applied close to the deadline and they get the bulk of their applications in the summer, it might take upwards to 3 weeks. The committee meets on Tuesdays.

That makes me feel a little better, guess no news is good news...

Don't give up! You could do that other program they suggested, right? IHS, was it?

Yes, IHS is the name.

After looking at the program, its objectives, courses, and feedback from others, and my general feeling, it doesn't seem like the route I want to take.

I'm still waiting, just not getting to hopeful since its already the near end of July and things start etc the first week of August which is right around the corner.

anyone know if acceptances are still being given out? i've lost hope :/

anyone know if acceptances are still being given out? i've lost hope :/

Well 27th is a Tuesday and 2nd is Orientation. I would give them a call today after 1PM Eastern if you haven't heard anything.