Drexel or Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JuniperK

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see that there have already been threads about this, but the most recent is from three years ago, so I thought I'd ask more recent opinion.

I want to stay in Philly so Drexel and Temple are currently my two choices, but I'm REALLY torn between both, especially since I've gotten in the PIL program which I'm very excited about.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i just interviewed at both last week. i think temple has a lot more opportunities for clinical experience in the first two years and from the looks of it their new med school building will be one of the nicest facilities in the country. drexel is a good school in a nice area and their curriculum is interesting, although im not sure im fully sold on either, but if you really like the PIL program drexel might be your place. one of the main detractors of temple is the location but i didnt find it to be as bad as others made it out to be and you probably won't be living in the same area as the hospital anyway. plus think of the diversity of patients you would get to see in an area like that.

This forum is for allopathic class threads, so you won't get many responses here. Try asking your question in the pre-allopathic forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had to make a similar decision last year. Drexel won for a few reasons. I really liked the PIL idea, which I still am glad I did, but it can also be annoying at times. Drexel's campus and facilities also seemed much nicer than Temple's. I think the reverse will be true for you with the new building. I'm not sure the clinical activities differ too much for the first two years. You're closer (across the street) from the hospital for Temple, but Drexel offers a free shuttle all the time to Hannehman and there's plenty of opportunities there and elsewhere, although I don't really have time for any of them. I do think Temple has stronger clinical years, but can't be sure. Finally, Temple is completely in the hood, Drexel is in a far better area. Like someone else said, you probably won't live near Temple, but you can live near Drexel and thus not have much of a commute. Hope that helps.

Thanks to those who replied, even though its a not the right forum! I'm going to go to the second day at temple and see how i feel. I think the location of temple is a plus strangely..

(ill repost this in pre allo!)