Drexel Question.........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 1/08 - Waitlisted Today

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I got into Drexel with a 29 and 3.5, and I'm an ORM. There is hope. I think they certainly look at the whole package (and I have that going for me) I have taken a year off, so I'm not sure if that reaaally makes me a non -trad. So take this info for what its worth, and good luck!!

Also, whoever said that you need a 32 to get interviews, I'm not sure if thats completely true. With my numbers I got 7 interviews and I have 2 acceptances (in hand since December). The whole package is important-

u can pm me if you have q's

Members don't see this ad :)
wizeguy said:
I and a bunch of my friends have all applied to Drexel - it seems to me as if they're only accepting people with over a 31 to to the school this year, which seems very confounding, considering in many years past their avg. remained at a 29.....have you guys found this as well? If people who have already gotten in, wouldn't mind posting what they got....? Anyone in with under a 31?
I'm wondering as to assess my chances (waiting for response, post-interview), since I got a 29S.

Tahnks.

I had a 29Q, and my that was 2nd time around, 1st time I had a 25. I got interviewed in early October and got my acceptance in early November. But I will give up that spot pretty soon. Oh and my interviewer chewed me out, so I thought I stood no chance in hell. Med schools are weird, I still think they just put our apps on the wall, blindfolds themselves, and throw darts at the wall to see who gets in.

I just got my acceptance....with a 31 R and a pretty low GPA: 3.45 (U Penn). I thought my interview with the student went great but my interview with the physician was pretty awkward and definitely not my best showing. So who knows how they pick their students...I don't know if I will accept my spot but it's pretty nice to have options out there.

winterblows said:
I had a 29Q, and my that was 2nd time around, 1st time I had a 25. I got interviewed in early October and got my acceptance in early November. But I will give up that spot pretty soon. Oh and my interviewer chewed me out, so I thought I stood no chance in hell. Med schools are weird, I still think they just put our apps on the wall, blindfolds themselves, and throw darts at the wall to see who gets in.

What did he yell at you for?

Kings2 - check your PM box! :D

I just got into Drexel yesterday. I interviewed on 3/7 and was accepted 4/4 which was suprisingly fast. I expected a couple more weeks. My scores are 34Q, 3.37 BCPM and 3.42 Overall. I got lucky b/c I only interviewed at 2 schools. Good luck ppl.

Minh

I interviewed on April Fools day. I'm so hoping to get in! :love:

I applied to Drexel months ago (as early as an August MCAT test-taker can). Back in January or February, I was told by the admissions that there was some kind of computer glitch and that many interviews were pushed back (another interveiwee I met at another school told me that she heard the same thing from them, but that it's pretty much bogus. My interview is coming up soon this month. And I got an email from them reminding me to call if I was planning on missing the interview. It is my very last and I've been accepted to some other schools already. Long story short, is it worth going still? I'm hearing how many (of whom scored higher on the MCAT) who are waitlisted. Is the class full?

the1111gal said:
any news about money?

omygosh... the estimated cost this year has gone up to $60K!*($&)*(#$&!( :eek: and that's only for the 10 months that we go to school. (I think there's a ~$2k jump in tuition.)

I had to go smoke a cigarette (and i don't smoke) when i saw that figure. Flabbergasted....floored...

Members don't see this ad :)
Medicus said:
I applied to Drexel months ago (as early as an August MCAT test-taker can). Back in January or February, I was told by the admissions that there was some kind of computer glitch and that many interviews were pushed back (another interveiwee I met at another school told me that she heard the same thing from them, but that it's pretty much bogus. My interview is coming up soon this month. And I got an email from them reminding me to call if I was planning on missing the interview. It is my very last and I've been accepted to some other schools already. Long story short, is it worth going still? I'm hearing how many (of whom scored higher on the MCAT) who are waitlisted. Is the class full?

I just went on my interview last week. They wouldn't give any figures on how full their class is right now. I personally did not enjoy my day and really felt like it was a waste of my time and money (My two interviews were a combined 30 minutes... they had interviewers sick and scheduling problems). I had to go because I have yet to be accepted, but if you have an acceptance already that you are happy with, I would save my time and money f I were you. If you have any questions about the day, PM me.

Congratulations to those accepted! I'm still waiting to hear, but it seems like those that got acceptances heard within a month post interview. I interviewed 2/9, and now I'm getting scared. :confused: Anyone experience otherwise?

808premed said:
Congratulations to those accepted! I'm still waiting to hear, but it seems like those that got acceptances heard within a month post interview. I interviewed 2/9, and now I'm getting scared. :confused: Anyone experience otherwise?

Not necessarily. I interviewed in the first week of Jan. and received an acceptance about 2 months later.

Medicus said:

Depends on what other school you've been accepted to. For example, my only acceptance is at BU but didn't have to think twice to turn down Drexel's interview invite after that.

Lizzie said:
I just went on my interview last week. They wouldn't give any figures on how full their class is right now. I personally did not enjoy my day and really felt like it was a waste of my time and money (My two interviews were a combined 30 minutes... they had interviewers sick and scheduling problems). I had to go because I have yet to be accepted, but if you have an acceptance already that you are happy with, I would save my time and money f I were you. If you have any questions about the day, PM me.

Lizzie, I'm sorry to hear that your day was most unenjoyable. What are you referring to with the two interviewers being 30 minutes combined? Is that the student and faculty interviews? The majority of the faculty interviews are 30 minutes, with some fluctuation dependant on their schedule. I'm curious to know how the student interview was so short. Most students will at least give 30 minutes, but the vast majority are about an hour long. If you truly feel that you were at a disadvantage b/c of your interviews, then you can ask for a new interview if that is feasable for you. If you have any questions you can PM me. Good luck.

I got in last year in November with a 29...I was a women's studies major and the Dean, whom I was interviewing with, was very interested in it. I really liked their women's health program and would have gone to Drexel except that my Texas option was cheaper and closer to family.

~Abbiequeen :)

femme said:
I talked with the Dean of Admissions at Drexel and he told me the average MCAT of students admitted this year was 32+.
Hope that helps.

bump in the trunk. and am i the only one that interviewed latejan/feb that hasnt heard back yet?! not a good sign... :confused:

bh88 said:
bump in the trunk. and am i the only one that interviewed latejan/feb that hasnt heard back yet?! not a good sign... :confused:

Well, I just interviewed at beginning of March and got waitlisted 3 days ago. I think it all has to do with how soon your interviewers turn in their stuff. At least that is coming from the information that other ppl have posted regarding Drexel. I was actually kinda bummed too ... my interviews there went really well.

bh88 said:

I interview on feb. 1 and still have not heard. Weird, ha? My friend who interviewed the same day was accepted 2 weeks ago. Oh well...

bump

Anyone heard anything from Drexel lately? Does anyone know if the class is full already?

Interviewed on March 29th, Received an acceptance in the mail on April 16th. Good luck!

Reinhard said:
bump

Anyone heard anything from Drexel lately? Does anyone know if the class is full already?

Reinhard said:
bump

interviewed on march 14 and waitlisted today...damn waitlists :oops:

Lizzie said:

MEEEE TOOO! My interview day was extremely traumatic, not to mention it was a waste of time and money. I had the same problem with people being "sick" or "running late", etc. When I finally interviewed with the faculty member (Indian, foreign born, psychiatrist) he was very inappropriate asking me questions regarding my religion, my husband's, and what my children's religion was going to be. (Thinking back, I think he may have been Muslim and he may have been offended by the fact that I am Christian and I plan to raise my children Christian even though my husband is Mulsim too. ) :scared: His daugther attends Brown like I did and so he criticized me based on her performance in the classes we both took. He even asked questions regarding how I met my husband, his family's presitge in the Middle East, my family's prestige in Utah, and whether my parent's approved of our marriage etc., and also about my plans to have children. I was so traumatized by the experience (I felt it was an INS interview since my husband is immigrating) that I fumbled through the student interview (I choked on my drink twice) and I :mad: :mad: was ultimately rejected. I wouldn't go to Drexel if they paid me to! My only regret is that I didn't complain about this Professor and ask for another interview, but I guess I was caught off guard and it was early in the interview season. OH! and an APOLOGY would be nice too--and expenses incurred, etc. :mad:

dura said:
MEEEE TOOO! My interview day was extremely traumatic, not to mention it was a waste of time and money. I had the same problem with people being "sick" or "running late", etc. When I finally interviewed with the faculty member (Indian, foreign born, psychiatrist) he was very inappropriate asking me questions regarding my religion, my husband's, and what my children's religion was going to be. (Thinking back, I think he may have been Muslim and he may have been offended by the fact that I am Christian and I plan to raise my children Christian even though my husband is Mulsim too. ) :scared: His daugther attends Brown like I did and so he criticized me based on her performance in the classes we both took. He even asked questions regarding how I met my husband, his family's presitge in the Middle East, my family's prestige in Utah, and whether my parent's approved of our marriage etc., and also about my plans to have children. I was so traumatized by the experience (I felt it was an INS interview since my husband is immigrating) that I fumbled through the student interview (I choked on my drink twice) and I :mad: :mad: was ultimately rejected. I wouldn't go to Drexel if they paid me to! My only regret is that I didn't complain about this Professor and ask for another interview, but I guess I was caught off guard and it was early in the interview season. OH! and an APOLOGY would be nice too--and expenses incurred, etc. :mad:

Oh dura, I am very sorry you had such a bad interview experience. I think we had the same interviewer (it was Dr. R, wasn't it?) Except for that he was rather nice to me. But the whole interview was quite weird because he didn't ask me anything that was medical-related. He didn't even ask, why Drexel?

Anyway, I am hoping to hear the good news from Drexel b/c this is my last school. Well good luck to you and hope you got in elsewhere! :luck:

RaaMD said:
Interviewed on March 29th, Received an acceptance in the mail on April 16th. Good luck!

Hey I interviewed there on March 29th too ! Still no word though ... this couldn't be good :rolleyes:

bump~ :)

Any news?

DoctorMalki said:
Hey I interviewed there on March 29th too ! Still no word though ... this couldn't be good :rolleyes:

You never know. Good luck.

Well as I wrote earlier, I interviewed Feb 1st and still haven't heard (no waitlist,etc). Each time I call, they say my app hasnt even went to committe and that I haven't been looked at and it could be due to my interviewers submitting their reviews of me late. However, I'm getting the feeling that they saw my USC acceptance as of March 15 (I'm a cali resident) and are putting me on the backburner since they know I'm not going...oh well, stupid drexel wasted my time and money.

March 24th, Accepted April 11.

Brief about me: MCAT 32: 11 WS, 11 BS, 10PS. GPA: 3.70, 3.6 sci. Neurobio Major, UCI. Two years research (No pubs, no presentations), five years as spanish translator in local hospital (in underserved area). Three leadership positions, two health related ones.

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Reinhard said:
bump~ :)

Any news?

I interviewed on March 18 and received my acceptance on April 22, but I will be turning down the acceptance shortly.
best of luck~

I interviewed 1 month ago. I wonder if Drexel will still be sending post-interview Acceptances this late? Anyone know?

beastmaster said:
I interviewed 1 month ago. I wonder if Drexel will still be sending post-interview Acceptances this late? Anyone know?

I was interviewed on April 1 and was accepted Friday. Good luck! :luck:

beastmaster said:
Any news? Anyone still waiting?

I declined my acceptance today so there is at least one open spot out there. Good luck!

beastmaster said:
Any news? Anyone still waiting?

I just received an e-mail from Drexel saying they (finally!) made a decision on my application. Fingers crossed...

Reinhard said:
I just received an e-mail from Drexel saying they (finally!) made a decision on my application. Fingers crossed...

What did they decide, to finally look at it? :laugh:

Did you ask them via Email? I asked the same, several days ago without reponse yet.

I interviewed at Drexel on April 7th, but haven't heard back yet. Anyone else interview around that time?

i interviewed on april 14th. heard nothing yet...... :luck: :luck:

brynn7 said:
i interviewed on april 14th. heard nothing

Interviewed on 3/19...still waiting :sleep:

beastmaster said:
What did they decide, to finally look at it? :laugh:

Did you ask them via Email? I asked the same, several days ago without reponse yet.

Yeah, I e-mailed them (medstat at drexel.edu) and got a response 4 days later. Good luck! :luck:

i interviewed on april 14th. got waitlisted today. ewwwwwwww......... :luck:

Anyone heard of any waitlist movement at Drexel yet???

brynn7 said:
i interviewed on april 14th. got waitlisted today. ewwwwwwww......... :luck:

i'm sorry about the waitlist brynn, but i heard drexel has good waitlist movement so it's not over yet! btw, did u get notified by email or snailmail? i interviewed a week before you did, so i'm guessing i'll be getting a response soon as well...it's about time.

For those that were accepted, were you notified by email or snailmail? thx

cmgoalie said:
brynn7 said:
i interviewed on april 14th. heard nothing

Interviewed on 3/19...still waiting :sleep:

yeah I interviewed on March 29th and still haven't heard a thing :confused: I will probably call tomorrow

naach83 said:
For those that were accepted, were you notified by email or snailmail? thx

Interviewed on 3/29, Accepted by snail mail in early April.

I interviewed 4/4 (I think) and was accepted yesterday by snail mail. For what's it worth, my MCAT was a 32. I don't know what this means for waitlisters since they are still accepting people 'direct' so to speak.

RaaMD said:
Interviewed on 3/29, Accepted by snail mail in early April.