drexel second year transfer in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurotrancer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone tell me if it is difficult to transfer into the second year of Drexel after completing your first year elsewhere? What is the typical profile of an accepted applicant?

Thanks!

NT

Members don't see this ad.

Transfers between LCME-accredited medical schools typically only occur after the second-year and only into an available spot in the incoming third-year class. Thus a transfer after only one-year into the incoming second-year class is probably not possible at Drexel or any other MD school in the US.

Transfers into third-year classes usually require 1) an open spot in the third-year class (e.g., someone failed out during second-year, someone failing to advance for some reason, someone deciding to take a year off, etc.), 2) successful completion of the USMLE Step 1, and 3) a compelling reason for transfer OTHER THAN that the school has a better reputation.

Good luck.

Columbia allows transfers into second year and third year...

Actually, I know of one classmate (soon to be ex-classmate) of mine who is transferring from Drexel to another allopathic school on the west coast. So it is possible to at least transfer out, although I don't know what kind of extenuating circumstances she had.

I'm assuming that this thread was referring to transferring after your first year, but I could be wrong:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70457

ttac
p.s. Typical accepted applicant from last year was 3.43/30/Californian