Drexel secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anoz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The seemingly easy ones always trip me up...

"List employment experiences in chronological order. Start with most recent:"

- I'm presuming this is NOT an exhaustive list of employers, as there are only 5 spaces, but rather relevant and/or professional experiences? (i.e. similar to what you'd post in AMCAS) Anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm planning to include unrelated employment since it simply requests employment experiences. However, what is meant by time period? Years of employment? Dates of employment?

hmmm...for that question i think i will put the most relevant, unless one of the jobs in the middle lasted for a good amount of time and could be considered a "customer service" position (i.e., fast food type jobs)

here's another question for that secondary:

they only accept cashier's check, certified check, or money order...what's the easiest/fastest/no extra fees one to do? Last year I went to the bank and I think it was a cashier's or certified check....i don't even remember, but can I do one of them from my own home or from the post office while I mail out the app?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can do the money order at the post office for a 90 cent fee.

chaeymaey said:
You can do the money order at the post office for a 90 cent fee.

90 cents!!! are you kidding me!!! i'm not applying anymore

thanks for the help :D

and for the time period question: i'm going to put dates

wait, when did the drexel secondary come out??

i got mine today at about 5 pm EST, according to my email...i just got home

I received the email about 5:15 eastern.

So I went to USPS's website to check up on this money order and they say:

14.2.3 Purchase Method
Money orders must be paid for in one of these ways:

a. In U.S. currency and coins (in any amount).

b. With established traveler's checks payable in U.S. dollars if the purchase is for at least 50% of the value of the traveler's checks.

c. With ATM/debit cards at locations approved by USPS Corporate Treasury where the customer's personal identification number must be entered on a keypad connected to a credit/debit terminal. [S020.1.3]

I don't have that cash on me, and I don't have a debit card...do they not take a credit card? If not, that would mean I would have to go to the bank anyway, so I might as well get the cashier's check....this is quite annoying, what's wrong w/ a normal check or credit card, everyone else takes them...Drexel :rolleyes:

Got mine today also

Saturnine said:
I received the email about 5:15 eastern.

If you want to play that game, 5:05 pm....and 15 seconds EST

check

::hits timer::

C.P. Jones said:
If you want to play that game, 5:05 pm....and 15 seconds EST

check

::hits timer::

haha, speed chess is so awesome! :cool:

jtank said:
haha, speed chess is so awesome! :cool:

Wait, stupid question...

why can't I just send them a regular check like I do to pay for my power bill??? Am I missing something? Please respond as I want to send out Drexel's tomorrow. (Hooray for easy secondaries!!!)

Members don't see this ad :)
I made a PDF form for you guys to fill out. Hope this helps a little. As posted on the other thread...

Man, you guys better be grateful. Took me an hour and a half to finish it. It was pretty tough to get everything to look at least somewhat uniform. I will not be making any corrections to it, so use it as you will. If you have questions on how to use it, ask here. It's pretty straightforward. For the MCAT section, I only did the first three. The first field, date, is its own box. For the score section, it is one huge field across, so hit space until you get to the right "box". Hope this helps you guys a bit. Oh yea, one more thing, mark the checkboxes with a pen. They were too small for me to add a field to them. Good luck everyone!

Click it to open in new window or right click-> save as.

http://www.geocities.com/sarah_fng/Drexel-Fields.pdf

anomic said:
Wait, stupid question...

why can't I just send them a regular check like I do to pay for my power bill??? Am I missing something? Please respond as I want to send out Drexel's tomorrow. (Hooray for easy secondaries!!!)

because they don't trust us to be good for our money...yea, i wish i could have sent mine out tomorrow, but no, now i have to find a time to actually get to my bank

C.P. Jones said:
because they don't trust us to be good for our money...yea, i wish i could have sent mine out tomorrow, but no, now i have to find a time to actually get to my bank

For real!!!!??? I can't believe that. Are any other schools like this? I've only been sending out online credit cards or hand written checks. GRRRR.

Sorry, what was the consensus on that question?

I am a non-traditional app, so simply listing all of my employment experiences, professional and getting-by-to-pay-the-man jobs, would take 1/2 page + just to list. On the other hand, only listing relevant ones leaves exceptional gaps in my history. Any suggestions? Attach an additional page?

Seeing that this is a school that is supposedly friendly to non-trad apps, I'm thinking most relevant professional is the way to go....

anoz said:
Sorry, what was the consensus on that question?

I am a non-traditional app, so simply listing all of my employment experiences, professional and getting-by-to-pay-the-man jobs, would take 1/2 page + just to list. On the other hand, only listing relevant ones leaves exceptional gaps in my history. Any suggestions? Attach an additional page?

Seeing that this is a school that is supposedly friendly to non-trad apps, I'm thinking most relevant professional is the way to go....

List only the top five important ones... they have your primary too remember. What about the checks and other schools??? This is freaking me out... (see post above this one)

ShyRem said:
I didn't get Drexel yet and I was verified like 6/15!! WAH!

Go ahead and just fill out the secondary. They don't screen.

anomic said:
List only the top five important ones... they have your primary too remember. What about the checks and other schools??? This is freaking me out... (see post above this one)

other schools normal checks and credit cards are good...i wonder if i can get to the bank tomorrow...or wed...prob. not til saturday :mad:

When did you guys have certified AMCASes?

jeez o petes my amcas was certified 6/29 and still no drexel. now i know they do not screen. half tempted to send in the secondary anyway that i got from the other thread! :)

Thanks for the form, Uegis!

Go Aggies :)

stupid question:

for the activities section, when it asks you to check the box if it was "held only during school/summer breaks" does that mean check if it was "only in school summer breaks," or does it mean "only during school or only during summer" (i.e. a work study job at school gets checked as well).

and now i look like a *****...

I guess I just missed the fact that I needed to send a money order and not a personal check. what a pain!

Embily123 said:
stupid question:

for the activities section, when it asks you to check the box if it was "held only during school/summer breaks" does that mean check if it was "only in school summer breaks," or does it mean "only during school or only during summer" (i.e. a work study job at school gets checked as well).

and now i look like a *****...

I'm pretty sure they mean in school breaks or summer breaks, which means during winter or spring or summer break. Like I shadowed during winter break, so I checked that box for that one. Don't check it if you did it while you were in school.