Drexel University 2018-2019 admissions cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mookie014

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought I’d start a forum for Drexel.

I just received an interview this morning for December 7th. Will anyone else be attending?

Any acceptances? Etc.

I applied on September 24th.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I just received an interview this morning for December 1st. Will anyone else be attending?

Any acceptances? Etc.

Hi, I have been accepted to Drexel. I interviewed on 9/21 and found out exactly one month later. I have not decided if I am attending yet, but best of luck to you.

Congrats on the interview and acceptance!

I applied on 10/1 but my application was not verified until the 8th. I sent an email asking if I would still be considered and they said yes, but I still have yet to hear anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the interview and acceptance!

I applied on 10/1 but my application was not verified until the 8th. I sent an email asking if I would still be considered and they said yes, but I still have yet to hear anything.
I applied on 8/6 if I remember correctly and they got back to me on August 30th about an interview date. I would think that they should get back to you soon! 9/21 was their first interview date, so they haven't had very many yet.

I applied on 8/6 if I remember correctly and they got back to me on August 30th about an interview date. I would think that they should get back to you soon! 9/21 was their first interview date, so they haven't had very many yet.
If you do end up getting an interview, it is one-on-one with a faculty member and very laid back.

Hi all,

I just received an interview this morning for December 1st. Will anyone else be attending?

Any acceptances? Etc.

Is anyone flying in from out of state?

If you do end up getting an interview, it is one-on-one with a faculty member and very laid back.

Congrats on the acceptance! What type of questions did they ask?

Congrats on the acceptance! What type of questions did they ask?
Thank you! Pretty generic questions: "Why Drexel? Why PT? How do you handle stress? Tell me about yourself/ talk about your shadowing experiences. What are some problems that you have noticed in the PT field? What makes a successful PT?" My interviewer was very chill, so it was more conversational rather than grilling me with questions. She kept asking me what questions I had. I wrote down questions that I had during the program overview and used those. However, some of the other applicants who I talked to after the interview had different questions than me. Best of luck !

Hi! Just got an invitation to interview on 11/9. I was wondering if anybody has information regarding how many people they have interviewed, accepted, rejected, etc. Curious to see approximately what my chances are like.

Hi! Just got an invitation to interview on 11/9. I was wondering if anybody has information regarding how many people they have interviewed, accepted, rejected, etc. Curious to see approximately what my chances are like.
They started interviewing on September 21st, which was when I interviewed. There were about 30 or so applicants there that day, and they have been having one interview session per week since that date.

They started interviewing on September 21st, which was when I interviewed. There were about 30 or so applicants there that day, and they have been having one interview session per week since that date.

That’s crazy! So so many interviewees!!

That’s crazy! So so many interviewees!!
I know, it's insane. Getting an interview is great, and I think you still have a good chance since not all of the applicants who were accepted into Drexel will take the offer.

I know, it's insane. Getting an interview is great, and I think you still have a good chance since not all of the applicants who were accepted into Drexel will take the offer.
That’s true. A lot of people seem to be thrown off by their quarterly system. Do you know how many spots have been filled?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

I just received an interview this morning for December 7th. Will anyone else be attending?

Any acceptances? Etc.

Hi! Is your interview scheduled for the 1st or 7th of December?

Thank you! Pretty generic questions: "Why Drexel? Why PT? How do you handle stress? Tell me about yourself/ talk about your shadowing experiences. What are some problems that you have noticed in the PT field? What makes a successful PT?" My interviewer was very chill, so it was more conversational rather than grilling me with questions. She kept asking me what questions I had. I wrote down questions that I had during the program overview and used those. However, some of the other applicants who I talked to after the interview had different questions than me. Best of luck !
Thanks! Was there a place to put your stuff like coats, etc? I know it said that we don't need to bring anything, but I was thinking about bringing a notebook and was also wondering if I should leave me phone in my car or not.

Thanks! Was there a place to put your stuff like coats, etc? I know it said that we don't need to bring anything, but I was thinking about bringing a notebook and was also wondering if I should leave me phone in my car or not.
There was not a place to put coats, so I would recommend not wearing one. I brought a small purse with a small notebook and kept my phone inside of it.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got accepted today! Drexel’s one of my top choices so might end up there. Here are my stats so y’all can compare:

GPA: 3.55
GRE: 150V, 155Q, 4.0
Obs. Hours: 50 outpatient, 20 inpatient
Extras: 1000+ volunteer, Young Life Leader, PT Club, etc.
Applied: Mid September
Interviewed: 10/19

Hey everyone, I was accepted on 10/18. Here's my stats if you wish to compare. If any of you have questions about the interview (or interview day in general) I'd be glad to help.

GPA: 3.82
GRE: 157 Verbal, 150 Quantitative, 4.0 Analytical Writing
Obs. Hours: 1,568 Outpatient, 2.5 inpatient
Extras: Dean's List (x4), Cum Laude & Program Honors, Certified Personal Trainer, Intramural Sports involvement, Pre-Pt & Pre Med Club.
Applied: August 20th, 2018
Interviewed: 10/21/18

Also, I've had the pleasure of working with two Drexel DPT graduates. I'd be glad to answer any questions about the "nitty-gritty" details of their program as well. You know, the stuff they won't tell you on interview day...

Good Luck to everyone, I wish you all the best.

Hey everyone, I was accepted on 10/18. Here's my stats if you wish to compare. If any of you have questions about the interview (or interview day in general) I'd be glad to help.

Extras: Dean's List (x4), Cum Laude & Program Honors, Certified Personal Trainer, Intramural Sports involvement, Pre-Pt & Pre Med Club.

Also, I've had the pleasure of working with two Drexel DPT graduates. I'd be glad to answer any questions about the "nitty-gritty" details of their program as well. You know, the stuff they won't tell you on interview day...

What’s some of the nitty gritty stuff that they won’t tell you

What’s some of the nitty gritty stuff that they won’t tell you

For anyone who wants to work with athletes or in Sports PT: Drexel received the contract to perform PT for one of the major sports teams in Philadelphia (Sixers or Flyers, I can't remember exactly which one). Needless to say, it is an incredible opportunity to network and perform clinical rotations with top Sports Physical Therapists.

For anyone who wants to work with athletes or in Sports PT: Drexel received the contract to perform PT for one of the major sports teams in Philadelphia (Sixers or Flyers, I can't remember exactly which one). Needless to say, it is an incredible opportunity to network and perform clinical rotations with top Sports Physical Therapists.

Oh, I thought the “nitty gritty” stuff was going to be negative. That’s very cool. I’m considering going there and I thought the program seemed really nice. It’s good to know that though

Oh, I thought the “nitty gritty” stuff was going to be negative. That’s very cool. I’m considering going there and I thought the program seemed really nice. It’s good to know that though

Sorry, I did not realize that "nitty-gritty" sounded really negative in my first post. I really like Drexel as well. I think they're incredibly underrated as a program. Especially considering the fact that their graduates perform significantly better on the Boards than the other Philadelphia programs.

I really liked Drexel, but was turned off to the facilities that we would be spending most of our time in. It kind of reminded me of a prison. What did you guys think about the facilities?

I kind of like the prison look, it has an edgy feel to it. The facilities are definitely not as flashy and technological as Jefferson's program; but the Administration is pretty responsive to student suggestions (or complaints). The previous class was able to get the lighting in the Cadaver lab improved. I like the fact that the Administration listens to student suggestions and I assume that renovations are being planned. There are benefits and drawbacks to every PT program. I think the poorer quality facilities are a trade-off for better preparation for the Boards. I can deal with sub-par classrooms and labs if it means I'll perform better on the Boards.

I really liked Drexel, but was turned off to the facilities that we would be spending most of our time in. It kind of reminded me of a prison. What did you guys think about the facilities?

I didn’t really notice this until it was pointed out to me. I don’t think the facilities are as nice as a program like Delaware or Pitt (because their buildings are brand new), but I only really remember the cadaver lab. I liked the overall feel I got from the program director and from the faculty at Drexel more so than some of the other programs I’ve seen.

I agree that it’s a trade off, and I agree that passing the boards is one of the most important things to consider

Reactions: 1 users

Thanks for answering our questions! I'm wondering if the program has specific specialties they tend to focus on. For example, do they encourage DPT students to conduct research or pair with professors to do so? Does the program tend to lean towards ortho, neuro, peds, etc? Thanks!

Hey guys, I'm a first year at Drexel and I'm open to answer any questions you guys may have. I'll try to respond as quickly as possible.

Hey guys, I'm a first year at Drexel and I'm open to answer any questions you guys may have. I'll try to respond as quickly as possible.

I’m trying to decide between Drexel and a few other schools. It’s been very hard for me, because I really like different aspects about all of them

Assuming you got in elsewhere, why did you choose Drexel?

How do you like the quarter system?

What do you think about the facilities (I’ve heard that they’re somewhat outdated/not as nice as those at other programs)?

Hi, I have been accepted to Drexel and am highly considering it as an option. Can you talk a little bit about the faculty/ what you like about the program compared to some other programs that you applied to?

I was recently accepted to Drexel. I have a few questions. How are you adapting to the quarter system, do you find it hard with so many finals and midterms? How is the area? was it easy to find a place to live and a good area to reside in? Also, have you been assigned your first clinical yet? How was that process for you?

What are the questions like? Any advice for the interview process at Drexel?

Can anyone provide some insight on some of the questions to expect?

I got asked about how I handled stress, what I would do if I didn’t get into PT school, and how I would decide between schools if I got into multiple programs.

It was very conversational though. Everything came up naturally

It was extremely comfortable and conversational. I was asked why Drexel, why PT, what I’ve been doing in the last two years since I graduated undergrad, a mistake I’ve made in my life (that one was hard!), a pt I admire and why, something a pt has done that I would do differently (maybe for ethical reasons or whatever).

It wasn’t easy but they make it comfortable and give you time. Good luck!

Hi I'd love to ask you some questions! I'm curious how you are liking the program so far! And also how it's been living in Philly :) (I'd be moving from California). Thanks so much!