Drexel University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackjinju

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, for those who are interested, we just got an email today which said that on July 1st, that this will be the new name of the med school, thereby dropping MCP Hahnemann completely, though school letterhead will have in small print under the Drexel Dragon symbol and the Drexel University College of Medicine name "In the tradition of Woman's Medical College of Pennsylvania and Hahnemann University". though this will just be on letterhead, not on the diploma obviously. I think this is a good thing as the MCP Hahnemann name was tarnished, and keeping it in this new Drexel name would have been very long and cumbersome.

Members don't see this ad.

Sure will make it easier to search for info on "Drexel"... never could remember how many h's and n's in "MCP Hahnemann" (sp?) :wink:

yeah, but it is sad that the fact that MCP was the first women's medical school in the country and thus instrumental in opening the profession to women will probably just end up as an obscure footnote in Drexel's history....

Members don't see this ad :)
True indeed.

Hey jack,

I'll be matriculating there this August and was wondering how you like it there?

Frost

Hey jack,

I'll be matriculating there this August and was wondering how you like it there?

Frost

I suppose that it would be ok for you to reply only once :wink: .