Drexel vs NYITCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drdream314

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email today that I’m on Drexel’s WL, so nothing there is guaranteed but I’m just trying to plan ahead. I currently have an acceptance to NYITCOM. I’m sure I’m missing other important factors but right now, I’m most worried about cost and MD vs DO.

NYITCOM Pros:
- Can live at home and save on rent/other bills
- Close to support system

NYITCOM Cons:
- DO Program (not sure how much this matters in long run)
- Expensive tuition

Drexel Pros:
- MD Program (again, not sure how much this matters in long run)
- Really liked my interview and felt like I would fit in well

Drexel Cons:
- Expensive tuition (but comparable to NYITCOM from what I saw)
- Extra cost of rent + utilities
- Further from support system

Thanks for your help!!