Jane2005

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Status
I've been accepted to Tufts and Drexel. I don't know which one to go to. If you were me, which school would you choose, and why? Thanks for your answers.

Uegis

1 Down 3 To Go
10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Boston does beat Philly, but Tufts is the most expensive private medical school in the country and Boston is one expensive city to live at in general. I didn't interview at either school, but have been to both cities for other interviews, so I can't offer you any information beyond that.

Brainman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
Status
I would choose Tufts over Drexel any day. Regardless of what other people tell you about name not mattering don't listen. Name matters and Tufts is an excellent name (look at their match list -- yes, a match list is partially a reflection of the individuals matching, but it also a very good indication of the quality of the school). On another note Boston is the "Medical Mecca" of the country (probably the world) with more biomedical research going on than any other city. You will also fail to find a city in the country that has such a large academic community with so many events happening all the time. It is not uncommon to attend a seminar at Tufts Monday, another at BU on Wednesday, and another at Harvard on Friday. Boston also has an outstanding set of hospitals including New England Medical Center, which is their primary teaching hospital. Thats my two cents. Congrats on the acceptances and good luck.

ktsou

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2005
Status
jane2005, when did you interview at tufts? im still waiting for my post-interview results.......waiting sucks

sdnUser500

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2004
Status
i would chose tufts no question- great location, reputation, curriculum

EctopicFetus

Keeping it funky enough
15+ Year Member
May 3, 2004
Arizona
Status
Attending Physician
I am a 3rd yr, and my advice to you is simple. If you go just on reputation then I would go to Tufts. But you need to decide where you will be happier. If you know what field you want to pursue then see who the faculty are and if there are opportunities for research etc. If you dont know go where you think you will be happier. I dont know the cost difference between the two but I imagine it is like 5-7K which is not much when you consider what your salary will be and what your overall debt will look like.

Thats just my $0.02

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Tufts, its reputation will get you further when matching.

davidthegnome

10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2004
Status
Someone actually told me boards, LORs, and audition rotations get you further when matching.