Drexel Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caspercyf7

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was waitlisted back in January. I'm certain that people have been taken off the waitlist already. I'm not really sure how Drexel's waitlist is utilized...especially since they don't reveal our rankings. Has anyone heard of how many applicants are expected to be taken off the waitlist this year? and when waitlist begins to move significantly? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I was waitlisted back in January. I'm certain that people have been taken off the waitlist already. I'm not really sure how Drexel's waitlist is utilized...especially since they don't reveal our rankings. Has anyone heard of how many applicants are expected to be taken off the waitlist this year? and when waitlist begins to move significantly? :confused:

Heck, I'd like to know as well. I'd guess we'll see some movement next week. (You know, May 15th.) Oh well, worse comes to worse I can just reapply in a few week.(At least I have work to keep me busy for now.)

Hey guys I was waitlisted too : ( From last years thread it seems like they take off only about 30 people

Members don't see this ad :)
No clue on how much movement is expected. However, I called the admissions office last week and the lady I spoke with said that they're taking people off the waitlist on a DAILY basis already and will be expected to do so well into the summer. I'm not quite sure how valid this info is, because if they take even one person off the waitlist per day from now until the end of July, that's like...90 people, which is waaay more than past threads have indicated.

Does anyone know how they notify you when you get off the waitlist? Is it by snail mail or phone?

Hey guys,

Anyone heard anything yet? I called and found out that waitlist had started moving.

Drexel is crazy like that I guess. I have a friend who just graduated from Drexel. I remember he found out he got into Drexel like a week or 2 before school started (if I remember correctly... it was just ridiculously late).

I hope we don't have to wait that long but at this point I would be fine with finding out a week before as long as they let me in : )

Hey guys I was waitlisted too : ( From last years thread it seems like they take off only about 30 people

You can't depend on SDN to count how many came off waitlist. Drexal has an incoming class of 250. If they take 100 people off the waitlist, they will need to accept 300 people (the yield is about 1/3 for Drexel). Don't give up, send them LOI to let them know you are interested.

bump - let's hope for that phone call. i've been checking my email and voicemail every 10 mins! i'm going nuts!

i'm in the same boat as you. has anyone gotten the call or email?

i don't know if you guys knew already, but I just called Drexel admissions office, and they said the acceptance from waitlist will be notified through snail mail.

Just a heads up if any of you guys have new addresses.

and a "boo" to drexel for using the slowest method ever to notify us!!

yeah i'm pretty sure it's snail mail cuz I have a friend who got off the waitlist at drexel last month through snail mail.

do you guys have an idea of how much movement has happened already? I have yet to see anything more than a post or two on other threads...

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys have an idea of how much movement has happened already? I have yet to see anything more than a post or two on other threads...

I don't think anyone has a true idea of how much movement has already happened. We can only speculate based on SDN members who come forward to say if they were taken from the WL or not. I posted in another thread that I was taken from the WL at the end of March, so it has been moving for quite some time. I can only guess that it is moving a little faster now that May 15 has come and gone.

My friend e-mail Drexel last week and they said there is no movement yet.

there definitely has been movement...TedFerguson on top got in as well as a friend of mine. I dunno why they are saying that.

I don't think anyone has a true idea of how much movement has already happened. We can only speculate based on SDN members who come forward to say if they were taken from the WL or not. I posted in another thread that I was taken from the WL at the end of March, so it has been moving for quite some time. I can only guess that it is moving a little faster now that May 15 has come and gone.

For those that have been accepted off the waitlist..I was wondering how well you had been updating Drexel. I was waitlisted a couple of days ago and sent in an update letter along with the letter accepting a position on the waitlist. I dont want to be too overbearing but I also want to show my continued interest in attending this fall.

bump. Here comes June and the acceptance we're all waiting for!!:D

GOod Luck to all...Hope we ALL hear some good news this month.

Hi everyone. I withdrew from Drexel today ( I feel sad about it, but I had to choose another school) and this will open up one spot for one of you!

Good luck!:luck:

I withdrew from Drexel Today - another open spot. GL

anyone know if and when the waitlist is going to move?!!

anyone know if and when the waitlist is going to move?!!

From what I understand, they will start on the waitlist in about another week or two. I'm not sure, but I believe they may have intentionally overfilled their class, so they have to wait for more withdrawals than I would expect in order to open up some empty seats. Hope this helps!

From what I understand, they will start on the waitlist in about another week or two. I'm not sure, but I believe they may have intentionally overfilled their class, so they have to wait for more withdrawals than I would expect in order to open up some empty seats. Hope this helps!

how do you know this? did they tell you over the phone?

ugh.. waitlisted at 4 schools and no word from any...........

how do you know this? did they tell you over the phone?

ugh.. waitlisted at 4 schools and no word from any...........

I called admissions maybe two weeks ago and they said 2-3 weeks...so I guess my math is off, and they should start within the next week or so, if they're on pace with where they expected to be. Have you written letters of continued interest and/or a letter of intent to any of the schools?

I called admissions maybe two weeks ago and they said 2-3 weeks...so I guess my math is off, and they should start within the next week or so, if they're on pace with where they expected to be. Have you written letters of continued interest and/or a letter of intent to any of the schools?

yes.. all of the above..

I am just a little surprised because from EVERYONE that I have talked to and all the books that I have looked at, Drexel typically has quite a bit of waitlist movement. This we year we have seen very little to none and its been like 3 weeks since May 15th

well as of right now they still havent responded to everyone who has interviewed, so id assume theyd have to accept ppl from their april interviews before they accept ppl off their waitlist, right?

I'm still waiting for an initial answer. I interviewed, and my link disappeared almost two weeks ago. I guess they didn't get to me last week, cause I called and they said no decision had been made. Maybe today.

I'm still waiting for an initial answer. I interviewed, and my link disappeared almost two weeks ago. I guess they didn't get to me last week, cause I called and they said no decision had been made. Maybe today.

this might sound stupid but the "link" everyone is referring to.. is that the one that says "to view your decision click here"?

this might sound stupid but the "link" everyone is referring to.. is that the one that says "to view your decision click here"?

No, it's the "view your interview appointment" link that goes away...

No, it's the "view your interview appointment" link that goes away...

hmm... i cant seem to find that link... maybe it disappeared:D???

what page is that on?

anyway.. i was reading some of the other forums and it seems like this whole link theory is bogus. perhaps they just remove everyone's links when they stop interviewing...

hmm... i cant seem to find that link... maybe it disappeared:D???

what page is that on?

anyway.. i was reading some of the other forums and it seems like this whole link theory is bogus. perhaps they just remove everyone's links when they stop interviewing...

I think it was on the first page, haahaa but I could be mistaken since mine went away a while ago

I think earlier on the link was a pretty good indication of the file going to review but now I don't think that's the case either. I really hope our files get reviewed soon...good luck! :luck:

Opened up another spot (or decreased the number of people who still need to withdraw to open up a spot).

Best of luck to all of you. Drexel is a great place just not the best fit for me.

Opened up another spot (or decreased the number of people who still need to withdraw to open up a spot).

Best of luck to all of you. Drexel is a great place just not the best fit for me.

Thanks! I need all the help I can get.

Does anyone know how many people Drexel typically take off the waitlist?

No idea...I'm from LA too...also from the 626 area code!

so what's the story? anyone get in off the waitlist?

so I called the admissions office this morning, and I spoke with someone who said that the waitlist will start to move in the middle of next month! I don't know if he was serious or he just told me that so I stop calling. Anyone heard anything to this effect?? I find it pretty hard to believe

omg. i'll definitely call tomorrow morning to see if i can get confirmation on that.

I go into the Admissions office about once a week, and the guy always tells me 'in two weeks it'll start moving' (as he did yesterday). Whenever you call try to talk to one of the women, they know more, and they're always helpful in looking up your application status. I do know that this year the waitlist is moving slower than usual, and may very well not move much at all since they have accepted too many students and are struggling to get it back to 255 (they get fined if they go above 255).

I go into the Admissions office about once a week, and the guy always tells me 'in two weeks it'll start moving' (as he did yesterday). Whenever you call try to talk to one of the women, they know more, and they're always helpful in looking up your application status. I do know that this year the waitlist is moving slower than usual, and may very well not move much at all since they have accepted too many students and are struggling to get it back to 255 (they get fined if they go above 255).

Did the admissions office tell you that they overfilled the class? Or did you get that information from elsewhere. The reason I ask because I have read similar things on other threads and want to know if you heard that directly from them..

Did the admissions office tell you that they overfilled the class? Or did you get that information from elsewhere. The reason I ask because I have read similar things on other threads and want to know if you heard that directly from them..

A faculty member told me that the Dean of Admissions (Hanau) told him the class is overfilled. The admissions office said "I havent seen the waitlist move like it has in the past".

every time I call they say there has been some movement but not a lot n I did speak to the women in the admissions office. They are both nice and help out. I don't know why they are telling different people different things.

That is quite disheartening... but there is so much inconsistency in the information each person in the admissions office gives

THat's so sad..based on US news, Drexel accepts about 900 out of 1800 people they interview. I think that counts for those who are also pulled from the waitlist.

They problaby have to wait for quite alot of people to drop out. Sigh, looks like it's the midwest for me :thumbdown:

Stupid verbal got me.

When I called today the person I spoke with in admissions said the waitlist will start moving mid to late July. I think they start the first week in August...