Drexel Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard the same thing when I called in earlier this week.. but I just find that so hard to believe!

Members don't see this ad.

I heard the same thing when I called in earlier this week.. but I just find that so hard to believe!

maybe they're just trying to get us to stop calling them every day.

I called to see if they had received my waitlist letter, indicating that I wanted to be on the waitlist, and I heard even more grim news. The lady told me that she wasn't even sure if there would be waitlist movement this year.
However, she did seem irritated by the question, and it very well could have just been an answer to get me off the phone. How many people could they have accepted? I mean, wouldn't you think that they'd know that lots of people applied this year (more than usual), so it would be better to not accept, say, 700 right off the bat? This definitely is a bummer.

Members don't see this ad :)
bump

i'd love/(hope!) to hear if people have heard w/ acceptances/declinations

every year it seems like the wl movement is less than the year before. hopefully the list will start moving soon. :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

just withdrew yesterday...it was a really tough decision - really liked Drexel alot. anyway, figured i'd let you all know...

best of luck everybody

just withdrew yesterday...it was a really tough decision - really liked Drexel alot. anyway, figured i'd let you all know...

best of luck everybody

Thanks for posting and congrats on your other school!

I got a letter in the mail yesterday adding me to the waitlist. Cool how they're adding to the pool that isn't apparently moving one bit.

(I interviewed 4/18)

Hi guys.

Wow, this time of year is extremely stressful. While I was in Ghana, I got off the waitlists at two of my state schools, so with some definite sadness I had my parents send in my withdrawal from Drexel. They seem to have been taking a while to process it (I've still gotten emails and letters from them), so maybe they're having some back-up in the Admissions office.

All of my prep-work with Drexel has been a positive experience, and I really hope one of you gets my spot.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
so whats the deal.. i havent had the guts to call in a while.. i was hoping someone would

man this waiting is killing me. they sure do take their sweet time.

I called a while ago to change my mailing address and in the meantime, I had asked about when the waitlist is goign to move...she said sometime late july..so we still have a few more weeks to hear back guys =)

I called a while ago to change my mailing address and in the meantime, I had asked about when the waitlist is goign to move...she said sometime late july..so we still have a few more weeks to hear back guys =)

so.. 23 days left to find out...? i wish they would release numbers on this one... you'd think it would also benefit them...

just out of curiosity, how many schools did you apply to? and if you dont mind ...what was your mcat/gpa/undergrad major...?
i intend to apply for next year...
i am a pennsylvania resident...so it would be helpful to know...

:) :) thank you.

the latest i've heard was that there are 290 seats taken..which is still 40 over the 250 limit.

the latest i've heard was that there are 290 seats taken..which is still 40 over the 250 limit.

Yikes! :eek: I bet the school is freaking out and hoping that enough students decline.

Yikes! :eek: I bet the school is freaking out and hoping that enough students decline.

i've offically resigned myself to the idea of not getting pulled off of Drexel's waitlist this year... now i'm gonna go wallow in my despair

well i just graduated from their post-bac masters program, and got the info from a buddy of mine who also graduated and was accepted into DUCOM. Don't know if it that info was straight from Dr. Hanau or not. An alumni wrote an e-mail to Dr. Hanau on my behalf regarding the waitlist, and she told him that honestly in her opinion she doesn't think that the waitlist is going to be moving this year. Regardless of what I've been told, I'm still holding onto that last bit of hope... good luck and keep this thread updated if ya'll hear anything

I think its pretty much a done deal. Because Drexel accepted far too many students, and they haven't withdrawn, they have been asked to defer their seat for a year for a 10,000 reduction in tuition next year....

I think its pretty much a done deal. Because Drexel accepted far too many students, and they haven't withdrawn, they have been asked to defer their seat for a year for a 10,000 reduction in tuition next year....

not worth it

bump anyone have any info concerning the waitlist at Drexel? Any advice on how to get off? I hope they didn't overenroll like they did last year.

Yeah I was waitlisted last year and didn't get off because of overenrollment. BOO! Anyways i got waitlisted AGAIN this year. I must really suck at interviewing. Anyhoo what I know is that usually there is no movement until after the may 15 deadline, most likely june. However, there were a couple of anomalies. I know that terdferguson on SDN got off the waitlist last year before the deadline as well as a buddy of mine. We both went to the drexel post-bac program. I'm really hoping they don't overenroll this year. Best of luck to you and I'll update if I hear news regarding the waitlist from my adviser from Drexel.

thanks for the info. keeping my fingers crosses i guess. easily my top choice

well i just graduated from their post-bac masters program, and got the info from a buddy of mine who also graduated and was accepted into DUCOM. Don't know if it that info was straight from Dr. Hanau or not. An alumni wrote an e-mail to Dr. Hanau on my behalf regarding the waitlist, and she told him that honestly in her opinion she doesn't think that the waitlist is going to be moving this year. Regardless of what I've been told, I'm still holding onto that last bit of hope... good luck and keep this thread updated if ya'll hear anything

great I just got waitlist .. :(

oh wait, that was for 2007 .. ha

joining the club, but will probably decline the offer to stay on.

I heard there are 2 separate waitlists...can anyone confirm that? and should we not expect movement til end of may/ early june?

hmm i can't say i've heard one way or another .. good luck no matter what, though!

i've been on the waitlist since november, but i haven't heard anything about two waitlists. where'd you get that info?

any news about waitlist at drexel? sorry this is only school that i heard back from...

no news yet! keep fingers crossed, but last year things didn't move .. not sure what to expect this year though

alright..lets keep each other updated if we hear any news at all.

I've officially joined this club today....let the wait continue!

Anyone have anything POSITIVE to say about the Drexel waitlist this year?

I've officially joined this club today....let the wait continue!

Anyone have anything POSITIVE to say about the Drexel waitlist this year?

welcome to it!

hmm, positive...at least you haven't been on it since november? :thumbup:

i really do believe that drexel screwed up big time last year, and this year they're being more conservative about handing out acceptances. i definitely think we'll get some movement. :luck:

welcome to it!

hmm, positive...at least you haven't been on it since november? :thumbup:

i really do believe that drexel screwed up big time last year, and this year they're being more conservative about handing out acceptances. i definitely think we'll get some movement. :luck:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I hope you're right about getting some movement this year. Good luck to you!

Does anyone know if they rank their waitlist, and if so can we just call and find out where we stand? I've been on it since November too :thumbdown:

Does anyone know if they rank their waitlist, and if so can we just call and find out where we stand? I've been on it since November too :thumbdown:

i have no idea how their waitlist works. is it common for schools to let you know where you fall on a ranked waitlist?

looking at old threads i would assume that drexel has a ranked WL

so who here has gotten into another med school?

Thanks douchebag, that really answers my question

sorry, I didn't mean to be so cold, and I understand that my comment offended you. What I meant to say was to go on in life under the assumption that you won't get in off a waitlist. Doing so helps you move on, and it allows you to be pleasantly surprised. If you don't move on, you'll end up tossing and turning at night hoping you'll get a big giant envelope. I've already signed up to retake MCATs and whatknot, and I'm operating under the assumption that I'm not getting in. Take the advice with a grain of salt, however, i.e. don't move on with your life to the point that, if you did end up getting in, you would be unable to attend. Also, the advice pertains exclusively to people who are in waitlist hell with zero acceptances.

looking at old threads i would assume that drexel has a ranked WL

I called Drexel today to find out more about their waitlist. Anyone who has called them before knows how helpful the people who answer the phone are, therefore my information is limited. There waitlist IS ranked but they will not tell you anything about your position on the list. They notify people on the waitlist up until the first day of classes, so don't count yourselves out too early. Hope this was useful. Good luck fellow waitlisters!

I am 95% sure that I'm declining my acceptance sometime in the next few weeks...I hope one of you gets my spot!! :luck:

When I interviewed there they said that they are really being careful about overacceptance since they screwed up big time next year...so I think there is some hope that the waitlist will see decent movement. Good luck to everyone!

I called Drexel today to find out more about their waitlist. Anyone who has called them before knows how helpful the people who answer the phone are, therefore my information is limited. There waitlist IS ranked but they will not tell you anything about your position on the list. They notify people on the waitlist up until the first day of classes, so don't count yourselves out too early. Hope this was useful. Good luck fellow waitlisters!

yesterday i met w kelli kennedy, the admissions coordinator, to talk about the waitlist. and obviously, she didn't tell me much more. couldn't tell me my rank on the waitlist or how many ppl are on it. she also said that the waitlist won't be moving, i.e. they won't accepting ppl off it, until may 15.

i do know that a good number of the accepted ppl in my program (ims) are withdrawing/declining their spot. and word is among drexel med faculty and students is that the waitlist will definitely move. so good luck to us all!

yo disqfish, that's good to hear. I was in the ims/mms program last year and was waitlisted. Unfortunately there was absolutely no movement last year. I was waitlisted again this year, but at least its somewhat refreshing to hear there is hope.