drexel waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anybody get a hold of anybody at drexel by phone or email. After receiving notification that I was on the waitlist, and marking the correct box on the letter and sending it back, I realized I don't even have any physical proof that I am on the waitlist. When I try to call or email and confirm my status, it's impossible to get a hold of anybody. Anybody else have the same problem?

Members don't see this ad.

feliz48 said:
Can anybody get a hold of anybody at drexel by phone or email. After receiving notification that I was on the waitlist, and marking the correct box on the letter and sending it back, I realized I don't even have any physical proof that I am on the waitlist. When I try to call or email and confirm my status, it's impossible to get a hold of anybody. Anybody else have the same problem?

I have had the same problem with Drexel. There is no good way of getting in contact with them. I need to change my address and i am not sure how to contact them about the address change. I have had no notification about my waitlist status since i sent back in the form in January.

Well I withdrew my app from Drexel on Friday after 3 months of silence from them...rather absurd that I interviewed there and that they never got back to me. dinguses!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just call the admissions office , then wait 'till the operator finishes talking, and dont press any button. Someone then should pick up the phone.

I think you were supposed to keep the top half of the letter. At any rate, their website has different email addresses listed for checking your status or for changing your address.

hooniedee said:
Hey 2tall, when in Jan did you interview? I'd really like to know. I interviewed Jan 12 and haven't heard a word.

The secretary yesterday said at least 2 more wks of waiting for me.

I was interviewed on Jan, 21, and I got accepted on Feb, 28....so I think it is really depend on when your interviewer summit your file to the adcom

I am getting quite nervous...I had my interview on 3/8 and Im still waiting to hear back from them.....when I called on 5/2...they told me another 1-2 weeks....I am praying I get in and dont get another wailist....this process has been so nerve wrecking and I do NOT want to do it all over again!! PLEASE DREXEL ACCEPT ME!!!!!

Anyone that interviewed in early April hear anything back yet? I know it's only been about 5.5 weeks, but still wondering....

naach83 said:
Anyone that interviewed in early April hear anything back yet? I know it's only been about 5.5 weeks, but still wondering....
Some have, I haven't.

I'm currently an MS1 at Drexel and loving it. Just an FYI, I didn't submit part 2 of my application until after my MCAT scores came back (I took the August exam). Drexel called me for an interview in Jan/Feb and the FIRST opening was April 30! They do regular admission interviews through about May 7. I think as a rule, about 30% get waitlisted, 30% declined and 30% accepted outright. I know last year they were "full" sometime in March but don't worry. All schools have fluctuations once the spring arrives and things start moving. I had a great interview, left on a long vacation mid-May and came home to a pile of mail in June. I found a waitlist letter dated 5/21 and, before I could do anything, the acceptance letter came the next day. I honestly wasn't even going to keep the Drexel interview because I was already accepted and waitlisted at hometown schools but decided to go just for fun. I ended up loving it. It was a tough decision--I am NOT fond of Philly--and it meant uprooting and moving 1/2 way across the country. However, the school is awesome. All those corny things you hear about "too good to be true"/"unbelievably friendly" etc? They ARE true. That said, it's not the school for everyone. It is very low on the competitive side--you are only competing against yourself, not every classmate (unlike other Philly schools!) and I was blown away by the level of support and sharing among students both in my class and the classes ahead of me. However, if you thrive on outright cutthroat competition, you might want to look elsewhere. The first two years are really student-focused and the primary teacher for each course is an educator, not a researcher. It makes a HUGE difference. You don't realize it until you get a lecture from someone absolutely brilliant who has no idea how to communicate the material. Then you realize how lucky you are with dedicated educators! Anyway, I think once you visit the "right" school for you (be it Drexel or anywhere else) you'll immediately feel the fit--and that's where you should go. Good luck!

with that quote alone, I choose drexel; I hope they will choose me