Drexel's Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hadnt withdrawn from the waitlist yet...I guess I was just wondering if Id get in. I will withdraw thought this week. I emailed drexel once again last wk to check my status and I just got a response. Lisa responded and said they will start calling from the waitlist in July.

Members don't see this ad.

wow, now it's not until july! is this application process ever going to end?????

i got off the waitlist a few days ago (interviewed in february), so it is definitely moving. i had withdrawn already, but our letters crossed in the mail. good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lisa just doesn't seem to be right. On the Official Waitlist thread, there are two people who got accepted off the waitlist already! I wonder what's up with that.

my letter was actually dated may 15th, the day waitlists are supposed to start moving.

good luck to those who are waiting, congrats to those who are in...

feel free to PM me, since I will be heading there in the fall :D

absolutely loved the school, still on WL and praying every day. So essentially..BUMP

does anyone know if the adcom committee is still meeting on thursdays to accept people? i am so obsessive, i'm just trying to figure out which days of the week i might expect mail from drexel if i were to be accepted. :)

Originally posted by brutus
does anyone know if the adcom committee is still meeting on thursdays to accept people? i am so obsessive, i'm just trying to figure out which days of the week i might expect mail from drexel if i were to be accepted. :)

It seems for the past couple weeks that people have been receiving decisions on Saturdays for the East Coast and Monday or Tuesday for the West Coast so maybe they are still meeting on THursdays and sending out letters on Friday?

If we call Drexel, will they tell us anything about our chances to get off the list or if our file has been reviewed by the committee again?

Hey guys- I interviewed in Mid Mar- the 14th I think- and got off the waitlist today, but I will be withdrawing tomorrow- so hopefully one of you guys can snag the spot. Good luck!!!

Originally posted by neurotrancer
I interviewed april 29. They said to me the admissions committee reached a decision and I should receive it in the mail by this Saturday. At the end of the interview, Dr. Hlavac told me she thinks my application was "Strong". Whadda y'all think? I really loved the school and I sent in lots of letters with updated grades, awards, letter of intent (stating my interest in PIL, Medical Humanities, etc. etc.) The lady on the phone said she is not allowed to tell me and I'll just have to wait until Saturday.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Laterz!

did you hear anything yet? i'm wondering because i interviewed on april 22 and still have not heard anything...

Members don't see this ad :)
i emailed the dean today...just a couple sentences stating my continued interest in the school and if he had any idea what the chances of me being taken off the waitlist is...i guess that wasn't a good idea b/c his email back seemed like i was annoying him =(.
so much for showing interest in a school!

....i know what you mean... when I called last week they were not forthcoming with any info....maybe I expected too much to happen after May 15th....

i know i'm not on the waitlist, but i interviewed in april, and now it's june so i feel like i'm on it:rolleyes: i called today and they said that i still hadn't gone to committee. the lady i spoke to will make a note in my file to make sure i go to commitee next thurs (geez, i wish i had called earlier this week). now i wonder how long it'll take after the committee makes a decision next week, ughh...

couldn't resist so I called the admissons office and this lady told me the wierdest thing- she said no one has been taken off the WL yet and that we had til Aug 4th to hear from them .....
I wish they would just get their story straight

When I called the admissions office they said the same thing to me. I haven't had any luck getting any info from the people in the admissions office or the dean for that matter. I really liked the school in general, but out of all the schools I'm waitlisted at, Drexel has been the rudest to me.

Lisa Cifelli emailed me back and said they weren't taking anyone from the waitlist until July...hmmm...

........thanks for the info shreebee
guess we just gotta hang in there- hope we all get in somewhere.....

I dont know whats going on in the Admission office at Drexel. Several people have been taken off the waitist but that the office doesnt seem to know about. Lisa told me they would start calling in July last wk. I sent in my withdrawl though. Good luck to all still waiting. Hopefully they will get their act right.

ECU Med 07

this is totally irrelevant but what does "BUMP" mean. or is it just an expression/sigh

BUMP is to move a thread back to the top hopefully causing it to have more "hits" and thus more responses. "hits" means more clicks on the link.

i just got in to drexel today, but they never put me on their wait list. i guess they are still sending out first decisions to people. good luck to everyone