Drexel's Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manik

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how many people are on the waitlist for Drexel? What percentage are accepted off the waitlist each year?

Members don't see this ad.

I was told the waitlist is about 300 and after may 15 alot of movement occurs. Hope that helps.

any idea on how the waitlist is set up? unranked/ranked, etc...

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember Lisa saying it's ranked...

yes, i think it's ranked & there is usually considerable movement. anyone know if we can find out our rank?

lola, did you finally hear back from Drexel?

Lisa told me that the waitlist is ranked on a three-tier system but that they don't disclose your rank because it can change throughout the application season based on applicants they interviewed later on. I hope that helps. Good luck everyone.

hmmmm....
I wonder if you can find out where you are once interview season is over??
May 15th perhaps??

:)

Originally posted by SolidGold
lola, did you finally hear back from Drexel?

yes. waitlist :(
damn those bastards.

Hey guys, I just got an email from Lisa telling me that Drexel doesn't touch their waitlist until late June/early August. Did any of you guys hear the same thing?

I heard the same.

Im not sure about the timing of waitlist movement for Drexel.:confused:

Where did you guys hear that time frame????

However, my friend relinquished her spot on the 15th and the admissions office lady said that she had been taking SOOO many calls that day!! So it seems like there must be spots available at least.... maybe they wont to start sending accepts untill they have a certain number of spots available.

I was just waitlisted at Drexel I interveiwed on or around April 12th

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the waitlist too. I don't see why Drexel would take from the waitlist starting in late June when it seems that many people have already withdrawn. The only reason might be because they were very overbooked.

Yeah, I think they may still be, or are coming to the end of interviews. I had mine last week (thursday, May 8th) and they said it would take another couple of weeks before they got around to reviewing our apps again. So after that's done it makes sense that they probably wouldn't get to ranking and pulling people from the waitlist until late June/early July.

who makes the decision to accept someone from waitlist at Drexel? Is it the entire adcom or Lisa or the Dean of Adm?

I think your file goes up for review and the ad com decides again.

I applied back in December and never heard from Drexel. I called them about a month ago and they said i was a "no decision status"....I guess they even have pre-interview wait lists!!!

Hopefully I'll get my rejection letter before classes begin.

Hi all,

I called today and asked when they expected movement on the waitlist. She replied "Very soon!" I know its still vague but my "very soon" validato-combobulator is showing two weeks from now:laugh: :laugh:

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that Drexel has started taking from the waitlist. I got my offer today by mail, but I will be declining it. Good luck to those still waiting for Drexel! I hope you start to hear soon! The letter was dated May 15 by the way.

Wassup Solid and everyone else,

I also got an accept today but I will definitely be giving it up.. I hope one of you guys waiting gets it!!!!!!

SolidGold, those acceptances are rolling in! What a difference a year makes.

Originally posted by cocoabutter
SolidGold, those acceptances are rolling in! What a difference a year makes.

I never expected this. Last year I was praying hard that I would get into Temple or Finch, the schools I interviewed at last year so I would not have to take the MCAT a 4th time. Well, that did not work out, but all of a sudden I'm going to one of my top choice schools and I was offered multiple acceptances. I can't believe it, I could not have done it without SDN.

Nice to hear that the drexel waitlist is moving. But if they give me an offer Ill be giving it up too.

ECU Med 07

just wondering, if you plan to decline the acceptance, why not just withdraw from the waitlist so that others can find out earlier?

thats a good question. maybe people want to see if they'd actually get in, or they've forgotten about pulling themselves off of it. I'm pretty sure that I'll decline an acceptance, but I haven't withdrawn yet either. I think i'm just keeping my options open for now.

Originally posted by jay c
just wondering, if you plan to decline the acceptance, why not just withdraw from the waitlist so that others can find out earlier?

I got accepted to my first choice on Friday, wrote out withdrawl letters on Saturday, got my Drexel acceptance on the day I was going to send out the letters. I was going to withdraw from the waitlist but they accepted me before I had a chance to. Relax, I'm not an a-hole trying to rack up acceptances.

Yeah,

For me at least I got 4 accepts this week... So basically people on waitlists dont know if they are going to get in anywhere untill they are in... Then they have relatively no time to decide, which is why it makes it harder than someone with an accept who is still waiting for a waitlist spot to open at their 1st choice. I really doubt anyone would wait for an accept if they werent going there; there is no point, people know by experience that this process is not so much fun.

Question about withdrawing from drexel's waitlist....If I want to withdraw my waitlist spot at Drexel, can I just call or do I have to write a formal letter?

i'm pretty sure every school wants it in writing.

I think all schools want to have it in writing with a signature to make it official.

I withdrew from Drexel's waitlist by e-mail. I called their office to ask if they needed it in writing, and they gave me some administrator's e-mail address and said that would be sufficient.

The Wait List is definitely moving. I got accepted off the Wait List 5/24. Received the news via regular mail.

I intend to go to Drexel.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats jobunny!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

For people who were accepted off the waitlist, when did you guys interview? Just wondering if their waitlist is at all based on the order of interviews...

Thanks,
shreebee

I got my acceptance today and I interviewed on 3/15.

guess my theory was incorrect...i wish i could get one accept off one of my 6 waitlists!

Hang in there shreebee! I was also on 6 waiting lists and just got off one on May 13. So, now I have one acceptance and 5 wait lists, one of them at Drexel. Hopefully, we'll both get off!

Hey guys,

I just got off Drexel's waitlist today, interviewed 2/13. Odd thing is that I *thought* I withdrew from the waitlist. I'll call them up tomorrow to ensure they know I'm not taking the spot. Hope that opens up a spot for someone who's waiting...

Originally posted by shreebee
For people who were accepted off the waitlist, when did you guys interview? Just wondering if their waitlist is at all based on the order of interviews...

Thanks,
shreebee

I interviewed on March 25.

I interviewed in mid April and just recieved a letter of acceptance. So maybe there were a few spots open when we interviewed! I turned it down though, so hopefully someone from SDN will get in soon!
Good Luck!

Yo Shreebree,

I interviewed March 24th. I also sent in alot of letters updating with my grades and activities at the program I am currently in. I was sending in letters right up untill last week when I was told I would hear very soon. At any rate, I withdrew my application today so hopefully something will open up for you....

Originally posted by gluon
Yo Shreebree,

I interviewed March 24th. I also sent in alot of letters updating with my grades and activities at the program I am currently in. I was sending in letters right up untill last week when I was told I would hear very soon. At any rate, I withdrew my application today so hopefully something will open up for you....

I did the same thing with the letters and updates and it definitely seems like it will help at Drexel.

I interviewed March 28th... and got off the waitlist today. I actually did not send any update letters in so if you didn't, I wouldn't worry too much about it affecting your acceptance... although i do think that it wouldn't hurt to send those in. :) I didn't send in any updates because by the time i interviewed, I was already able to tell them what I was up to and nothing really changed for me since then.

Thanks guys,

I've been sending them updates on my grades and a letter of interest the other day. Hopefully, we'll all hear from them soon.

I interviewed april 29. They said to me the admissions committee reached a decision and I should receive it in the mail by this Saturday. At the end of the interview, Dr. Hlavac told me she thinks my application was "Strong". Whadda y'all think? I really loved the school and I sent in lots of letters with updated grades, awards, letter of intent (stating my interest in PIL, Medical Humanities, etc. etc.) The lady on the phone said she is not allowed to tell me and I'll just have to wait until Saturday.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Laterz!

sup all....

to anyone waiting to get off the waitlist, good luck to ya!!!

hopefully we'll be seeing each other as classmates this august....take it easy...

tubs

Everytime I try to call Drexel to make sure something has been received or if there's been any change in my status, the person who's answered has not been helpful at all. Yesterday she reluctantly checked to see if a recommendation letter was received and actually came back and told me that my file was out for review so she couldn't check. That's the most information I've gotten from them since December. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, I've never had much help on the phone either. I'm also confused about when they start accepting off the waitlist. Looks like some people are getting in now, but Drexel said they wouldn't go to the waitlist until June.