dropout needs your advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naranja1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
During my second year, I took a medical leave of absence and returned to school a year after. When I returned to school, I was doing okay and passed everything until fall semester, and then I got sick again during my spring semester, so I a took medical leave of absence again. Now I am ready to go back to school, but the school denied my petition to return to the college based on my overall academic performance. I passed everything during my first year and my GPA was 2.6. So, I appealed to return from leave of absence and the commitee voted to deny my appeal.

Now, the school says "If you believe that in making its determination the College did not follow its written policies/procedures, you may appeal on this basis to the Executive Vice Dean." Now, I am thinking that I should meet the Vice Dean and talk about my issues.

What do you think about my situation? can you give me some advice?

Members don't see this ad.

can yo explain what sort of 'medical leave' you took because you might have some rights if it's some sort of disability

can yo explain what sort of 'medical leave' you took because you might have some rights if it's some sort of disability
I had mental health difficulties. I am fine now. My doctors (psychiatrists) back it up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Now, the school says "If you believe that in making its determination the College did not follow its written policies/procedures, you may appeal on this basis to the Executive Vice Dean."

Talk to a lawyer.

I second the get a lawyer opinion, but you are in a tough spot and it will be hard to "win" against the school.

Now, the school says "If you believe that in making its determination the College did not follow its written policies/procedures, you may appeal on this basis to the Executive Vice Dean." Now, I am thinking that I should meet the Vice Dean and talk about my issues.

You have your answer.

You may want to contact your local NAMI. They probably have lots of experience with issues like this.