Dropping a class...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mynameistino

Hi...i just got my first W because i withdrew from Zoology. I am planning to take it again second semester and do better. How bad is it to have 1 W and retaking it and getting a better score...?

Members don't see this ad.

having a W looks bad, theres no denying that. however, its more or less assumed u are going to retake the class, and to offset the W (which basically means u were failing the class) u want to do really well when u retake it. if u had a W and then got an A, i think that really says something

W is no big deal, because different schools have different guidelines. I know at my school you get a W if you drop a class after 3 weeks. That's a really short time, most classes don't even have an exam within that time. I know I got caught in a bind a couple times, once I was switching majors and another time I decided I didn't like the course. As long as you don't have a bunch of W's you should be fine. I was never even asked about it in all my interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
boree said:
W is no big deal, because different schools have different guidelines. I know at my school you get a W if you drop a class after 3 weeks. That's a really short time, most classes don't even have an exam within that time. I know I got caught in a bind a couple times, once I was switching majors and another time I decided I didn't like the course. As long as you don't have a bunch of W's you should be fine. I was never even asked about it in all my interviews.

Agree. I was also never asked about it in my interviews.

personally, i think taking zoology looks worse than having a W :laugh:

I had a W in Calculus. They did ask about it at one of my interviews but seemed more than satisfied with my answer.

I agree... W is no big deal... When AADSAS calcualtes your grade it is NOT included in your GPA. Too many, on the other hand, can be VERY bad.
-C