Dropping a class...

Started by mynameistino
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

M

mynameistino

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi...i just got my first W because i withdrew from Zoology. I am planning to take it again second semester and do better. How bad is it to have 1 W and retaking it and getting a better score...?
 
having a W looks bad, theres no denying that. however, its more or less assumed u are going to retake the class, and to offset the W (which basically means u were failing the class) u want to do really well when u retake it. if u had a W and then got an A, i think that really says something
 
W is no big deal, because different schools have different guidelines. I know at my school you get a W if you drop a class after 3 weeks. That's a really short time, most classes don't even have an exam within that time. I know I got caught in a bind a couple times, once I was switching majors and another time I decided I didn't like the course. As long as you don't have a bunch of W's you should be fine. I was never even asked about it in all my interviews.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
boree said:
W is no big deal, because different schools have different guidelines. I know at my school you get a W if you drop a class after 3 weeks. That's a really short time, most classes don't even have an exam within that time. I know I got caught in a bind a couple times, once I was switching majors and another time I decided I didn't like the course. As long as you don't have a bunch of W's you should be fine. I was never even asked about it in all my interviews.

Agree. I was also never asked about it in my interviews.
 
personally, i think taking zoology looks worse than having a W :laugh:
 
I had a W in Calculus. They did ask about it at one of my interviews but seemed more than satisfied with my answer.
 
I agree... W is no big deal... When AADSAS calcualtes your grade it is NOT included in your GPA. Too many, on the other hand, can be VERY bad.
-C