Dropping a Course, does it look bad for Medical School?

Started by Yammy_A
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yammy_A

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was wondering how bad it looked for medical if i dropped a class
I'm currently a sophomore, and this semester has definitely been rough
I'm taking this semester
Biology 219 - The Living Cell
Organic Chemistry
So it's a hard semester. I took other GEC classes too, but I'm also take Religions 301 course because I thought it would be interesting but it's also a difficult course. The class is graded by only 4 papers, and I received a C on my first paper. So I'm really considering about whether I should continue with the course or not because I don't want to get a B in the course and affect my GPA. But I don't know how bad it looks for medical school if I dropped this course, and this will be my first course I've dropped and probably my last.

PS I know there are other posts about this topic, but I couldn't find a recent post on this topic.

Thanks for the help!
 
So I was wondering how bad it looked for medical if i dropped a class
I'm currently a sophomore, and this semester has definitely been rough
I'm taking this semester
Biology 219 - The Living Cell
Organic Chemistry
So it's a hard semester. I took other GEC classes too, but I'm also take Religions 301 course because I thought it would be interesting but it's also a difficult course. The class is graded by only 4 papers, and I received a C on my first paper. So I'm really considering about whether I should continue with the course or not because I don't want to get a B in the course and affect my GPA. But I don't know how bad it looks for medical school if I dropped this course, and this will be my first course I've dropped and probably my last.

PS I know there are other posts about this topic, but I couldn't find a recent post on this topic.

Thanks for the help!
One W is not remotely a big deal. I have a bunch and I've gotten 4 IIs this cycle. Attended 3 so far, and it hasn't come up yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One dropped course (especially a religions one) is not going to even hit their radar come application time. What might give them pause if you start dropping a course every semester or if you make a habit of signing up for science courses and dropping them.

Don't sweat it, get out of that course if it makes you sleep better at night (and saves your GPA). 🙂
 
It doesn't matter. I've had 4 or 5 for various reasons over the course of my undergrad and I did just fine