Dropping classes...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shares143

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone...

Members don't see this ad.

how long before you apply to pharmacy school?

I have about a year worth of classes to do. So I guess I'll try in a year (God willing of course).

Members don't see this ad :)
we all have personal problems at one point or another but i wouldn't drop your classes. It builds character. Plus if I was an adcom it would tell me you can not deal with advirsity, which would be huge in my book. Sorry it sounds insensitive, but you should deal with it.

I am a non-native speaker too. :)
Judging from your writing and your GPA, I can tell that your English proficiency is fine. Don't worry about your communication skill. You still have enough time to improve it before your interview. And like what Caverject said, we all have our own troubles at times. If you could overcome yours, that'll show your strength and uniqueness. Therefore, I don't think you should drop your classes. Anyways, good luck.

I'm worried that if I continue to take those classes, my grades won't be as high and it'll lower my GPA. What do you think is weighted more: dropped classes or low grades (lower GPA). Thanks again everyone.

well.... you are currently only taking 3 classes... most would consider that a light load...

you stated that you hadn't yet taken your chemistry classes... do you just mean organic or do you mean both...

if you are talking about both then you have 2 more years of classes unless you can get them in summer school.

how badly are your grades going to suffer?
have you sought counseling for this?
at this point in the semester will it just be a drop, a "W", or a "WP" or "WF"?
which classes are you thinking of dropping and what will you keep?
What else are you doing? working full time?
are you sure pharmacy is what you want to do?

bbmuffin said:
well.... you are currently only taking 3 classes... most would consider that a light load...

you stated that you hadn't yet taken your chemistry classes... do you just mean organic or do you mean both...

if you are talking about both then you have 2 more years of classes unless you can get them in summer school.

how badly are your grades going to suffer?
have you sought counseling for this?
at this point in the semester will it just be a drop, a "W", or a "WP" or "WF"?
which classes are you thinking of dropping and what will you keep?
What else are you doing? working full time?
are you sure pharmacy is what you want to do?

Yes, pharmacy is really what I want to do.