Drug of the Day???

Started by UTPharm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UTPharm

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just thought that this would be a good idea to do here, since there are a lot of pharmacy students that read.

Every day (or week) someone posts a drug and its use, mechanism, indications, ect. I think it would help me learn a few more drugs and just implant them in my brain more. Try to skip the really basic ones, like Lasix and the like?

Anyone else agree?
 
I think it would help me learn a few more drugs and just implant them in my brain more. Try to skip the really basic ones, like Lasix and the like?

How about you post a drug a day so YOU can learn.

UTP 200mg cap once daily

Indication: slow you down, makes you dull.
MOA: inhibits the Na channel, therefore it blocks firing in the brain
Black box warning: Do not give in pts who have an IQ less than 100
Adverse effects: drop in IQ, flatunence, diarrhea
Pregnancy cat: X
Diet Consideration: take with food to minimizer GI advere effects especially flatunence
 
How about you post a drug a day so YOU can learn.

UTP 200mg cap once daily

Indication: slow you down, makes you dull.
MOA: inhibits the Na channel, therefore it blocks firing in the brain
Black box warning: Do not give in pts who have an IQ less than 100
Adverse effects: drop in IQ, flatunence, diarrhea
Pregnancy cat: X
Diet Consideration: take with food to minimizer GI advere effects especially flatunence

:laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

Let me try one:

Drug: PDS 200mg suppository
Dosage: one suppository per rectum at bedtime
Indication: hemroids, irritated rectum
MOA: unknown
Adverse effects: may leave stains in undergarments, systemic absorption can cause temporary loss of thought, pain on insertion
Drug interactions: Do not take with UTP
 
alright then i guess it was a bad idea. no need to be a douche bag about it.

How about you post a drug a day so YOU can learn.

UTP 200mg cap once daily

Indication: slow you down, makes you dull.
MOA: inhibits the Na channel, therefore it blocks firing in the brain
Black box warning: Do not give in pts who have an IQ less than 100
Adverse effects: drop in IQ, flatunence, diarrhea
Pregnancy cat: X
Diet Consideration: take with food to minimizer GI advere effects especially flatunence
 
Let me try one:

Drug: PDS 200mg suppository
Dosage: one suppository per rectum at bedtime
Indication: hemroids, irritated rectum
MOA: unknown
Adverse effects: may leave stains in undergarments, systemic absorption can cause temporary loss of thought, pain on insertion
Drug interactions: Do not take with UTP
I'm not anal. Uridine triphosphate (UTP- clinical studies of P2Y2 agoints) exists. That's why I didn't think it was funny. 😉
 
Wow. I think you've all got it mixed up.... You're not supposed to submit meds that you're currently taking (chronically, I might add). I think its a great idea. I peruse these forums all the time looking for interesting facts on drugs; I don't see why you'd even make fun of someone for this.
 
Wow. I think you've all got it mixed up.... You're not supposed to submit meds that you're currently taking (chronically, I might add). I think its a great idea. I peruse these forums all the time looking for interesting facts on drugs; I don't see why you'd even make fun of someone for this.

It's pretty obvious why they would do it...they are long overdue on getting their Seroquel and Depakote refilled :laugh: