You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Drug Reps
Started by po_boy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Generally no, but did have journavx reps come in as I was interested.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i do not talk to drug reps. they can drop off brochures if they want but they are made aware that they will end up in the recycle bin.
to clarify, not the reps. the brochures.
to clarify, not the reps. the brochures.
They can bring my staff lunch and goodies all they want. I'm not signing for anything.
They never send me the good looking reps. I had one I used to call “the creepy ginger.”Used to all the time when I was single…now I try and avoid them.
I don't mind shooting the sht for a few minutes to keep the staff fed and happy
What's the legality of not signing if they bring staff lunch?They can bring my staff lunch and goodies all they want. I'm not signing for anything.
Nope. We had them come in all the time during fellowship. I've blocked all of them since being out.Am I the only one who refuses to talk to drug reps? Stim reps are one thing, but I can’t stand drug reps coming in the clinic.
Don’t mind them coming in. We get fajitas, Panda Express teriyaki chicken, etc. We have a schedule on the fridge and they sign themselves up. Xtampza and Journavx so I like the products and I am actively prescribing them. So little talk about the drugs.
Free lunch for staff. I stop in for long enough to sign the form and say hello.
I refuse all food and never sign yet still there are hundreds of dollars a year on the pro publica or whatever watchdog site monitors this. IdioticWhat's the legality of not signing if they bring staff lunch?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure. I think only things a clinician receives gets reported.What's the legality of not signing if they bring staff lunch?
I talk to them on the condition that they bring lunch for the staff. Many have valuable information about payer dynamics, business intelligence, and more. Some participate in similar recreational activities and sports that I do, have kids around the same age, or belong to the same clubs, and we talk about upcoming events, etc. I went to one's wedding once...
technically any gifts given to a physician or staff is reportable.Not sure. I think only things a clinician receives gets reported.
4 Physician Personality Types and How to Manage Them
You think they’re just coming to drop off lunch but every one of them thinks they have you pegged
You think they’re just coming to drop off lunch but every one of them thinks they have you pegged
1. Enthusiastic Dr. Popular
How to build a great relationship:
Be nice. Spend a little time on small talk, ideally asking about their hobbies or life outside of work. Share a bit about yourself, as mutual disclosures help them person feel like you can be trusted.2. Meticulous Dr. Logic
The Dr. Logic type needs precision.How to build a great relationship:
Relevant facts and figures help this personality type get comfortable with a decision. Case studies showing prior success can be helpful.3. Intrepid, Impatient Dr. Driver
How to build a great relationship:
If you meet in person, make it short and be prepared. They like to drive conversations but expect you to take the wheel when necessary.4. People-focused Dr. All-heart
How to build a great relationship:
Dr. All-heart types love to help others, so find ways to ask for their help. But remember, they’re so open to helping others that they sometimes feel taken advantage of.A relative in sales once summed up his field. The customer has money in his pocket and I want that money in my pocket.
That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen out of the AMA, and I think we can all admit that's an impressive feat.4 Physician Personality Types and How to Manage Them
You think they’re just coming to drop off lunch but every one of them thinks they have you pegged
1. Enthusiastic Dr. Popular
How to build a great relationship:
Be nice. Spend a little time on small talk, ideally asking about their hobbies or life outside of work. Share a bit about yourself, as mutual disclosures help them person feel like you can be trusted.
2. Meticulous Dr. Logic
The Dr. Logic type needs precision.
How to build a great relationship:
Relevant facts and figures help this personality type get comfortable with a decision. Case studies showing prior success can be helpful.
3. Intrepid, Impatient Dr. Driver
How to build a great relationship:
If you meet in person, make it short and be prepared. They like to drive conversations but expect you to take the wheel when necessary.
4. People-focused Dr. All-heart
How to build a great relationship:
Dr. All-heart types love to help others, so find ways to ask for their help. But remember, they’re so open to helping others that they sometimes feel taken advantage of.
What about Dr. "I don't have time for your nonsense because if I'm at work I want to be working not schmoozing with some overpriced used car salesman"?
The AMA here is the America Marketing AssociationThat is the stupidest thing I've ever seen out of the AMA, and I think we can all admit that's an impressive feat.
What about Dr. "I don't have time for your nonsense because if I'm at work I want to be working not schmoozing with some overpriced used car salesman"?
The AMA here is the America Marketing Association
This 100%That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen out of the AMA, and I think we can all admit that's an impressive feat.
What about Dr. "I don't have time for your nonsense because if I'm at work I want to be working not schmoozing with some overpriced used car salesman"?
The AMA lost me when they went full transgender despite centuries of evidence to the contraryThat is the stupidest thing I've ever seen out of the AMA, and I think we can all admit that's an impressive feat.
What about Dr. "I don't have time for your nonsense because if I'm at work I want to be working not schmoozing with some overpriced used car salesman"?
They lost me with Obamacare. Trying to portray that since the AMA was behind it (to sell more codes) that actual doctors were behind it.The AMA lost me when they went full transgender despite centuries of evidence to the contrary
Sounds like someone has an excess of bilious humours...The AMA lost me when they went full transgender despite centuries of evidence to the contrary
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 871
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 3K