drug test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SUPERNOVA1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete....

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see the point in a drug screen for rotations. It's either going to be expensive or faulty (drug screens on their own are notoriously problematic) and to what purpose?

Most drug test are urine!! - Ive never seen a blood drug test(not saying it doesnt exist)

If there is a hair drug test....They are INVESTING a lot of $$ in trying to get ya...
Also as suggested above if they do find SOMETING, in some states they may have to treat you..
It always good and reassuring.. If you can say and mean "I dont care, Ill take a drug test every day if you want " :)

I think a lot of schools hold it over your head as something they could do if they wanted but never actually do.

All hospitals do this whether the school needs it or not. If you rotate at a hospital that accepts Medicare/Medicaid funds, you are likely to be subject to drug testing.

you kids and your drugs! stick to the legal ones if you want to be safe :cool:

just a premed here, but my school adds a $60 fee for drug testing in M3. Not sure when exactly it is in M3, but I'm assuming it's right before clinics start.

I smoked crack almost every day durin MS1, and nobody caught on. I don't think they drug test here.

All hospitals do this whether the school needs it or not. If you rotate at a hospital that accepts Medicare/Medicaid funds, you are likely to be subject to drug testing.

This is completely untrue. I've rotated and worked at least a dozen different hospitals and not one did drug testing. It is a waste of money and resources because it has a high false positive rate, requires retesting for all positives, and doesn't look for addictions like alcohol, it looks for illegal activities.

This is completely untrue. I've rotated and worked at least a dozen different hospitals and not one did drug testing. It is a waste of money and resources because it has a high false positive rate, requires retesting for all positives, and doesn't look for addictions like alcohol, it looks for illegal activities.

Agree with the "all hospitals drug test" being a false.

FWIW, our institution doesn't even drug test nurses. A nurse friend once admitted to me that the hospital, to its detriment, would lose a lot of good nurses if drug testing was implemented.