MD & DO TB test for aamc immunization form for VSLO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taeyeonlover

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting the aamc immunization form for VSLO completed during this month.

I noticed on the form that the TB test result is valid for one year.

I have also heard that some schools require TB test done within only several of starting the away rotation.

If this is the case, would it be a bad idea to get the TB test done during this month if I am thinking about doing aways this fall or summer?

Or should I just redo the test again for those schools?

Members don't see this ad.

If it helps - I did my Quantiferon test in January and was fine for rotations in October-December.

The biggest issue I've seen with VSLO is the Hep B titers. If they come too low, you have to redo the vaccine series (6 months!) so doing all of the medical screenings in January sounds like a smart idea.

Reactions: 1 users
If it helps - I did my Quantiferon test in January and was fine for rotations in October-December.

The biggest issue I've seen with VSLO is the Hep B titers. If they come too low, you have to redo the vaccine series (6 months!) so doing all of the medical screenings in January sounds like a smart idea.
Heplisav B is two doses 1 month apart, but that's partially dependent on whether it's stocked.