Drug Testing in Clinical PsyD programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My apologies, I know better than to make that gaff!!!

Mark

No offense taken. I frequently embrace my agentic, beer drinking, sports watching side....If it's not American beer, does it still count as manly?

No offense taken. I frequently embrace my agentic, beer drinking, sports watching side....If it's not American beer, does it still count as manly?

American beer, for the most part, is HORRIBLE! (microbrewed IPA's excepted) I am a bit of a beer snob, so yes, any non-American beer counts as manly. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
American beer, for the most part, is HORRIBLE! (microbrewed IPA's excepted) I am a bit of a beer snob, so yes, any non-American beer counts as manly. ;)

Non American beer counts as more manly, if anything! Especially those delicious 9% ABV Belgian delights...*sigh* I second the beer snobbery!

I love beer too, but isn't it interesting that a thread that began with people berating a guy for liking pot is ending with comfortable chat about a far more dangerous drug.

I love beer too, but isn't it interesting that a thread that began with people berating a guy for liking pot is ending with comfortable chat about a far more dangerous drug.

:)

I do ER consultation work and I hear lots of car crash injured people say "I wasn't drinking alcohol. I was drinking beer!"

Non American beer counts as more manly, if anything! Especially those delicious 9% ABV Belgian delights...*sigh* I second the beer snobbery!

Obviously someone who never lived in the Pacific Northwest. There's more than a bit to be proud of when it comes to American beer.

Ain't nuthin wrong with admitting that you indulge here n there, bros. :D

To the op: if you only smoke 0-3/month you should definitely be clear in a couple of weeks after your last toke. Besides, if you know when you're gonna be tested, just don't smoke several weeks before the test. Simple as that.

To the op: if you only smoke 0-3/month you should definitely be clear in a couple of weeks after your last toke. Besides, if you know when you're gonna be tested, just don't smoke several weeks before the test. Simple as that.

You'll most likely be clear- but it depends on more than just frequency of use. Metabolism also plays a role, also the sensitivity of the test used. I would be nervous if I smoked and then had to come up for being tested a couple weeks later, even if I hadn't smoked for a long time prior to that.

Anyways, while there's nothing *morally* wrong with using drugs, or admitting you use drugs (in my opinion), the question is whether it's *smart* to admit you use drugs in today's society.

Although social mores as regards marijuana use are slowly changing in this country, it's still not something people can generally get away with. And if you admit you use other mind-altering, addictive drugs (aside from the legal ones), forget about it, you're a pariah.

There may also be areas where marijuana use is more tolerated (CA, CO, etc), but in most other places it will be grounds for termination and may follow you when you try and get another job. I relocated to the Midwest and it is definitely a different world compared to living on a coast. I personally wouldn't want to put myself in a position where I could lose my job, license, and insurance coverage, especially after 8 years of training and sacrifice.

Yes, I'm sure if you tell your employer "its all good man, I only do it once in a while" they will just look the other way. Good advice...bro:rolleyes:

Yes, I'm poking fun at ya, but in all seriousness, I do not think it is wise, nor very professional to advocate that is "ok" to use illegal substances that have the potential get someone fired, or in extreme case, ruin someones career. I'm not sure who this helps?

Last edited: