Drugs in NAOH AND HCL

Started by FRPHARMS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FRPHARMS

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone explain to me how Paracetamol, ephedrine, benzocaine and phenacetin exist in acidic and alkaline solutions. I realise that 3 are esters and one is amine but I can't find any good diagrams for any one of the structures which exsist in acid or alkaline conditions. I also want to know more about the conjugation present within these molecules.
 
Can anyone explain to me how Paracetamol, ephedrine, benzocaine and phenacetin exist in acidic and alkaline solutions. I realise that 3 are esters and one is amine but I can't find any good diagrams for any one of the structures which exsist in acid or alkaline conditions. I also want to know more about the conjugation present within these molecules.


this reeks of homework.
 
would there not be protonation in hcl? anyone else agree but where would protonation happen.