Dry Erase Board

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teefy16

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I'm taking the DATs in two weeks and had a question. Since they no longer give you scratch paper, I hear they give you a dry erase board. How big is it? Do they also give you an eraser? Can you get more than one board? I was just thinking that since I write big, all the erasing can take up some time. Thanks!

One more question, is there a clock on the computer? Or we need to wear a watch?

Members don't see this ad.

I had three sheets of laminated paper. It had grids (like graph paper) front and back.

At Office Depot (or Office Max, I always confuse them), I found the perfect practice tool. In the section of school supplies, they have some big sets of calendars and so on intended for classrooms. I found a set that came with three pieces of wipe-off "board", which was really just thin cardboard. Two were notebook-paper size, one with lines and one with a grid. I practiced with those and actually have kept using them for my organic chemistry homework. Cost about three bucks.

About the clock, there is one on the computer. Do the practice test/tutorial through the ADA DAT page. It's set up exactly like that. They made everyone at my testing center take off watches.

i do all my practice with a 8 by 11 dry erase board just in case i get this during the exam.... i actually like the dry erase board...erasing doesn't take time at all and I too write big.... call up the prometric center you are testing at and see what they use....also ask them about the concerns you have
:luck:
-ld