DTM&H/ CTropMed

Started by deleted6669
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted6669

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone completed a diploma course in tropical medicine or the american society of tropical medicine certification in tropical medicine exam?
I'm thinking about doing both and as far as I can tell I will be the first pa to do so.
I'm chipping away at the overseas practice requirement and hoping to take a diploma course in tropical med. in the next few yrs. my preference would be the gorgas course in peru:
http://gorgas.dom.uab.edu/
http://www.astmh.org/Certification_Program/2161.htm
 
I took the Certificate in Tropical Medicine exam last fall. It is not an easy exam; but I used 'Tropical infectious diseases principles pathogens and practice' textbook by Walker, Guerrant, and Weller. I read the majority of the textbook (two volume set) and found it very helpful. I also reviewed my notes from the intensive course that I had taken a couple of years prior. I do not know if there is much variability between the various locations of the intensive courses. I do not think there would be. I do recommend looking into buying a textbook. I am sure Gorgas would be excellent with the real life exposure.

good luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,
I've been admitted to the DTM&H course in LSHTM for 2013 .... anyone else
 
Hey all,
I've been admitted to the DTM&H course in LSHTM for 2013 .... anyone else
Yes! Admitted to both London school and Liverpool school starting in Sept '12 for their tropical medicine MSc program which can include the DH&TM exam.