Sports + hospitalist practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PuffBlueCat

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not necessarily a combination I've heard of/seen before, so I was wondering if it were possible to have a primarily sports outpatient clinic (say all non-operative stuff for an ortho group or something), while also balancing part-time hospitalist work (say, 1 week/month). Is this a thing that anybody does?
 
I'm sure SOMEONE does it. But it's rare enough to have inpatient/outpatient FM these days outside of critical access hospitals. There's only so much time to be good at so many things. Not to mention a lot of people cannot handle the intensity of inpatient with the depression/drag of the inbox life. Adding sports into the mix sounds POSSIBLE but my guess would be 99% of people in that boat would just convert to sports only.