Dual credit classes ALWAYS count toward AMCAS GPA?

Started by abc234
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

abc234

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've taken a few "dual credit" classes during high school through a community college. I've gotten 2 B's. Is there any way I could not count these grades in my AMCAS GPA? I'm really worried about this stupid dual credit class bringing down my GPA and ruining my chances of getting into a good medical school.
 
Last edited:
As far as I know, any class you take at any college, you need to list. I know from my experience with AADSAS (dental) that it explicitly says something along the lines of "list any class you've ever taken at the college level." I'm sure AMCAS has something similar. I had to list an HTML class I took through my CC when I was in 7th grade. But, don't stress, one or two bad grades won't kill you, especially if they were while you are still in highschool. You could explain those away pretty easily. I've got a D and a smattering of C's here and there and I still got accepted to Columbia, so there's other important things as well.

Don't stress, good luck, and keep on keeping on!